Chapter 1. Nightmare

In the desolate expanse of the remote countryside, a solitary house stood ominously, shrouded in darkness. The absence of the moon and stars left the night sky void of any light, save for the faint glow emanating from a solitary table lamp within. Its gentle illumination revealed a chilling sight - a couple, drenched in a pool of blood, lay motionless. The pregnant woman's eyes, wide open, conveyed not shock but sheer dread. It was a tragic scene, the horror etched in eyes that would never witness the beauty of life.

Beside her lay a young man in the early stages of adulthood, the once pristine white of his shirt now tainted by the deep crimson of blood. A piercing scream, laden with anguish, despair, and sorrow, pierced the silence of the night - its potent intensity capable of unsettling even the most hardened hearts.

A young man awoke abruptly, his body drenched in sweat to the point where his bedding felt as if it had been soaked through. In the dim shadows of his room, his eyes, a piercing emerald hue, reflected bewilderment and disorientation. This recurring nightmare had haunted him for as far back as he could recall.

Although accustomed to witnessing such distressing scenes in his dreams, there was something about the cry that struck a discordant note within him. Each time, his heart clenched in his chest, as if recalling a memory from a distant past. The identity of the voice behind those haunting cries remained an enigmatic puzzle, leaving him with an unsettling sensation that lingered long after his restless slumber. It was as though he was reliving a harrowing event, a vivid and unsettling ordeal that felt all too real.

Upon rising from his bed, he proceeded into the bathroom and doused himself with a cold shower, attempting to shake off the remnants of the nightmare that eluded any trace he could follow, leaving him with a burning desire to uncover the connection he had to the unsettling dream.

Emerging from the closet, his eyes fell upon a set of formal trousers and a white hoodie, his dark hair pulled back into a ponytail with loose strands framing his sharply defined features. Exiting his room with a heavy sigh, he exuded an air of darkness and intensity, his piercing emerald eyes as chilling as ice, his presence so heavy and oppressive that maintaining eye contact with him proved to be a daunting task.

As he made his way to the kitchen, the remnants of the nightmare still lingered in his mind, the images flashing before his eyes like a haunting ghost. He poured himself a cup of steaming coffee, hoping to shake off the chilling feeling that had settled in his bones.

Sitting at his kitchen table, he tried to piece together fragments of the dream, but it was like trying to grasp at shadows. The only thing he could remember was a sense of foreboding, a feeling of being trapped in a web of unknown connections.

With a frustrated growl, he pushed the thoughts aside and focused on the tasks ahead of him. He had a busy day ahead, with meetings to attend, and projects to finish. But deep down, he knew that the nightmare would continue to haunt him until he found out the truth behind it.

As he drove to his father's stay, the image of a mysterious figure flickered in his mind, a faceless presence that seemed to hold the key to his nightmares. He could feel a sense of urgency building within him, a need to uncover the secrets that lay buried in his subconscious.

But for now, he pushed the thoughts aside, focusing on the road ahead. He couldn't afford to dwell on the past, not when the present demanded his attention. And yet, the mystery of the nightmare lingered, a puzzle waiting to be solved. And he vowed to find the answers, no matter the cost.

New York City

"I'll be departing in two days," a young woman with honey-colored hair, striking blue eyes, and full lips informed her companion, who was leaning against the bedroom wall.