𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Unedited Version 

Unedited Version 

The scent of blood lingered in the cold damp air , acting as a reminder to Juvia's failed escape as she came to her senses .

" Agh . . . "

She groaned and rolled over , the concrete ground doing no good to her already sore wounds , moving had only re-opened one . She cursed under her breath , however chose to ignore the aching pain and instead looking around at her surroundings , the only light source was a small lantern in the middle of the room , casting enough light for Juvia to make out the shapes of cell bars in front of her . Everything remained dark and empty , however Juvia could swear that she heard the tap , tap sound of a small creature skittery about for food . . . Not like it could find any food , unless it was interested in human flesh .

A cold shudder ran down Juvia's body as she tried not to think about what creatures could possibly lurk around in the depths of the cell , or outside of it . Lacking the ability of movement brought a sense of dread upon her , however put her mind in a fuzzy state . The pain amongst her open wound slowly seeped throughout her body and into her consesnouse . With nothing to spare and no thoughts amongst her mind , she let the pain consume her until her body didn't have the energy to keep her awake anymore .

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

" Hero , you really need to wake up . "

Reaper scolded softly as he slowed down into a walk . He lifted his head up upon nearing a large hunk of a tree , its bark was coated with a black goo substance , and the sight of it caused Reaper's stomach to drop . A shudder ran down his body as he turned his head in a frantic motion .

" Hero , it would be really nice if you could wake up now . "

His voice turned into a hushed tone , and he shook Hero slightly , to no avail . With a sigh of annoyance he slowly made his way around the tree , his eyes darting around in every direction as he got back on track , following the small trail he had been on numerous times .

" Please be okay Lizzie . . . "

Time felt as if someone had been playing with it , it ran by slowly , the night feeling internal , the sun only teasing the ones waiting for its arrival . When the first rays of sunlight seeped onto the land , a sense of safety and peace emerged , bringing the once soundless animals to life . The sweet melody of birds greeted Hero's twitching ears , a feeling like he was back in his bedroom , reading his favorite tales and drinking that sweet cold iced tea the servants would bring him . The feeling of longing lingered within his mind as he came to his senses , feeling a warmth , almost comforting presence , his body didn't want to move from the comfortable position he was in , until his eyes fluttered open and he met Reaper's gaze , the realization came upon him when he saw the other smirk .

" Eww ! what the fuck you weirdo ! "

Hero rolled off of Reaper's lap as if something had just bit him . He fell onto the ground with a thud and groaned in pain , the memories of his injuries returning back to him . The laughter erupted from the other didn't make anything better as Hero hissed out .

" Shut up ! Leave ! As your Prince , I demand you to leave ! I don't need a street boy's help . "

He pushed himself off his stomach , and it a matter of wanting to prove his point , he proceeded to stand up , and it did quite the opposite , as his leg receptors did not want to match up with his brain , leaving them to feel numb , almost like they weren't even there to begin with .

" Ughh . . . I just need some time . . . "

A Lot more time than Hero was wanting .

Reaper stood over the Wolfboy , a small smirk playing at his lips .

" You have time , no worries , I sent a message out to someone and gotta wait for her arrival anyways . "
He sat back down on the fallen tree he was originally on , keeping his eyes on Hero while keeping his other senses alerted for anyone or anything that may come into their premises .

" Stay still and stop acting like you're not injured . "
Reaper scuffed then crossed his legs , his eyes narrowing just slightly at the pathetic sight before him .

Hero returned his words with a low growl , his ears then perking up at the quiet sounds of something small approaching them , the soft pit pat of paws hitting the ground . Reaper turned his head in the direction just a few seconds after Hero had caught wind of the sound . He stood up before Hero could speak a word , the other raised his hand in a motion to silence him . Hero rolled his eyes at the gesture then turned his head over to watch the approaching figure . As they got in sight , Reaper had called out in an almost panicked yet relieved voice .

" Izzie ! "

He ran over to the figure , now showing to be a young looking girl , possessing the ears , eyes and tail of a fox . Her fur was a dirtied orange , not matching up with her eyes .

Hero steadied her carefully , unintentionally locking eyes with her , an eye contact that only lasted seconds , however it was enough time to spot the white swirl in her around her pupils , and the fact her eyes almost looked like they were created from pure emeralds .

Before he could speak up to ask , the girl opened her mouth and spoke up .

" I-is this the one you were talking about ? "

Her voice was soft , quiet and had a hint of fear behind it , however the twitching of her tail and the slight shake of her body told Hero all he needed to know , something was wrong .

" Yeah . "

He answered before Reaper could , though the other gave the girl a firm nod and she walked over to Hero , kneeling next to his side .

" W-well , I'm Izzie , please hold still - "

Hero watched her pull out a small glass bottle from her satchel and kept still as she instructed , even though she was only a stranger , something about her felt... Familiar ? Was it the similarity of their features ? He shook his head softly and watched Izzie move down to his legs , she examined them , her gaze never withering as she applied a pink liquid onto his legs , coming from the bottle . It was a cold yet soothing feeling , all the aches within his legs seem to have vanished , as if they didn't exist in the first place . It only took a few minutes before Izzie stepped back , she watched him for a few seconds before saying .

" Sorry . . . That's all I got . "

Reaper had raised a brow at that .

" Is that so ? What happened to the rest of your medical supplies ?

He paused before adding

" And why are you here in the first place ? "

Everything went silent , until the girl finally spoke up .

" U-um . . . The Reavers found the hideout and . . . I couldn't get everything . . . "

Reaper didn't answer for a good minute , only making Izzie more shaky before he brought her into a tight hug .

" At least you're here , Juvia would have killed me if anything happened to you "

He muttered the last sentence , then turned his attention to Hero .

" Well , it looks like our plan has changed . "

" We had a plan ? "

Hero narrowed his eyes at the other , his tail slowly swaying against the ground .

" Since when ? "

" Since now . "
Reaper gave him a grin before lifting Izzie up into his arms .

" Now get up , we have a long walk to make . "