𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Long Time, No See

Preston was right, as per usual. Caroline had flipped her humanity switch, confusing the others for some odd reason. It wasn't like they never did it.

Elena had told Preston she was going to search the dorm just in case there was anything while Stefan was checking the house. Late last night, Preston told Elena about finding out she was a witch and Enzo being her bio dad. She did however leave out the part about being technically connected to both Jo and Kai whenever they did magic. From what Preston could tell, Elena didn't seem to back away at all.

Preston was in her leather jacket, packing up a duffel bag just in case. She furrowed her brows when she heard footsteps behind her, but they seemed oddly familiar. She turned around and saw Bonnie standing there with a smile.

"Holy shit." Preston smiled.

"Hi, Preston."

Preston hugged her. Believe her, she was not as much of a huggy person as the few people close to her made her out to be. "It's really good to see you." Preston whispered.

"Same to you. Wait— is that a... oh my god! You and Elena are getting married!" Bonnie said with excitement.

Preston nodded, then Bonnie looked past Preston to see a duffel bag.

"What's happening now?" Bonnie asked, knowing something was up.

"I'll let Elena fill you in when you see her. Oh, by the way, Enzo is in fact my bio dad and I'm a witch." Preston informed Bonnie.

"Wow, your life keeps getting more and more complicated and interesting." Bonnie commented.

Preston sighed, grabbing her bag. "It's good to see you alive, Bon."

Preston got a call from her dad to meet her at the coffee shop, and Preston was not one to turn down coffee. Ever. She got there and saw him talking to a girl while drinking tea.

"Hey, stranger." Preston greeted Enzo.

"Ah, Preston, this is Sarah. Sarah, this is my daughter: Preston." Enzo introduced.

"Daughter? You both look really young..." Sarah replied.

"Him and my mom were young." Preston lied.

Preston sat down on the chair beside Enzo, across from Sarah, drinking her coffee.

"So that's it? Your daughter and Enzo? That's all I get?" Sarah questioned Enzo.

"A name is a very personal thing, Sarah. See? Didn't that feel good?" Enzo smirked.

"I have pictures of you. Your veins doing weird, non-human things. They're all on this little card." Sarah held up the camera card.

"You went from cowering in a corner to overt blackmail in the span of an hour. Impressive." Enzo replied.

"I wanna know more about you." Sarah responded.