Foreword

You already know this story, the young and brave Master Jim Lake Jr saving (several times) Arcadia from the evil Gums Gums, aliens and... whatever, everyone already knows it, but from one story other stories emerged, the The big world is small and the worlds are fragile, we know a tree but not the mountain, I repeat, do you already know this story?

It all started with a family, on a sunny day like any other and strangely calm for this world:

"So, very good," a father said rudely to a young blond boy of about 16 years old, who held a machete similar to a knight's sword, moving it with a poise and defiance that even the finest warrior would envy. He was very good with this knife, he was born for war, his father said.

The house where they lived was more of a hut in the countryside next to a very large forest, where a mother came out with a boy of about 12 years old with messy raven hair, his older brother smiled at his little face but his father did not. He reacted very much to his return.

"We're coming back," said the mother, holding a basket full of apples. Her husband received her with a hug:

-Didn't they find any...

-No! Thank God it's still clear.

The father looked at the mother for several seconds while caressing her cheek lovingly:

- And Jim helped me a lot - She said while running a hand through her little son's hair - He's very strong - the boy then placed both fists on his waist, expecting a proud reaction, but instead, he received a look. of contempt. Little James lowered both arms, disappointed.

- Well... - the man then carried his wife's basket - let's all go inside.

--------

"Because daddy won't love me?" James asked while grabbing a stuffed animal in the shape of a dog. He was lying face up on his bed, not really wanting to do anything, he felt quite discouraged.

His brother Jack was sitting at the desk, writing in a leather-bound notebook:

- Don't say that - he said as he ran his pen over the white pages - he loves you, it's just that... - there definitely wasn't much to defend him, but still, Jack tried - in his own way.

James let out a long sigh as soon as he turned face down:

-I do not think it's that.

Jack looked at his brother spread out on the covers; The truth is that he didn't really agree with his father's attitude either, in his role as pseudo alpha, and even the contempt he had for certain attitudes that Jack preferred to hide, but there was the thing: he knew how to get used to it and adapt, James No. He then rose from his chair and collapsed next to him.

"Hey, calm down, don't be sad, baby," he said with a reassuring whisper, putting a hand on her shoulders, "or I won't read you what I wrote today."

The little boy's eyes suddenly lit up and a big smile invaded his face:

- Did you write something? - and he began his series of insistences - I want to read it! Please!

But the boy made an exaggerated face:

-I don't think it's for you. You're already big enough for fantasy stories.

-No! Please, just this once.

-I don't know... -James then swung on his brother and he burst into laughter:

-That's fine-Jack finally took out his notebook and opened it, holding it like that and with a theatrical voice he exclaimed:- Today I present to you the time traveler of yours truly Jack Lake. The youngest then settled into his space. like a cat as the words came to life: