Chapter 39

June 19, 2024

Days passed, and what we've all been waiting for has arrived: the last day of school. Honestly, I am quite sad because of those who came to see me. Many people came to our room just to say goodbye to me.

"Your admirers are overacting," Cal mentioned.

"Yeah, they act like they won't see you again in two months," Adie added.

"Let them be. Anyway, let's go home now. Let's pack our things," I said.

Zeke wasn't able to drive me home today because he was still in class. I informed him, though, that I'd go ahead and that I'm with Cal and Adie.

When we got home, I immediately went to my room to organize the things I was going to bring home.

Meanwhile, Adie and Cal are already lying on the couch because they finished packing yesterday.

To be honest, I'm kind of excited for tomorrow because Leo is coming with us. As planned, Cal will introduce him as his boyfriend to his parents. I am praying that everything will be fine for the two of them as well as for their family.

Anyway, I'm super thrilled to see my parents again. I have a lot of stories to tell them, especially my achievements this year at school.

June 20, 2024

"At last, I am home to the land where I was born," Adie said.

"Overacting," Cal muttered.

"I heard that," Adie said, glaring at him.

"Hmm," I said after inhaling the air.

"I miss the air here," I added.

"Is there actually a difference?" Adie sarcastically asks.

"No," I said.

"Then why did you say you missed the air here?" he asks.

"Mind your own business," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Tsk," he snarled.

"Guys, Leo and I will go ahead," Cal said, and they both walked away.

"Okay, take care, and good luck," I said.

"Thank you," Leo said.

Adie and I walked as well, and when we reached our house, I waved at him.

"Ma!" I yelled while opening the gate.

I immediately opened it and then approached the door to open it as well. When I got inside, I didn't see anyone.

"Ma?" I called.

"Eli?" she responded, coming out of the kitchen.

"My son!" she yelled and ran to me.

"Ma!" I happily yelled and hugged her tight.

"My son!" she repeatedly yelled.

"Ma, I miss you so much," I said.

"I miss you too, son. How's your travel?" she asks.

"It's good," I said.

"I'm glad that you arrived safely. Did your friends make it home?" she asked.

"Yeah, they're home as well," I said.

"Oh, my god! I am super glad that you're here now," she said, hugging me again.

"Me too. Anyway, where are they?" I ask.

"They'll be home soon," she said.

"I can't wait to see them," I said, smiling widely.

"Do you want to rest first? I'll call you when I finish cooking and if they arrive," she said.