A Morning Walk

Terra had been at the castle for two months now, she still wrote to her grandmother and Flow frequently but she now also wrote to Lucy as well. Terra missed her two friends but she reminded herself that once she was out of the competition she would be able to see them as often as they could due to wildly different schedules. Terra was writing a letter to rant to her grandmother about the ball that the king was hosting in the girls' honor. Terra may have gotten used to wearing dresses worth far more than all her own clothes combined but Terra was not prepared to wear a full on ballgown. The only parties Terra ever went to were family parties or the occasional meet up in some random field with her old friends when she was younger.

Terra had her back facing the window as she wrote out the letter she was writing to Lucy to tell her how stressed out the servants were with all the preparations for the ball that was only a few days away. Suddenly a knock came pounding on the door in a flurry. Terra who was startled, stopped writing the letter and got up from the desk. She rushed over to the door and opened it. A head of electric blue hair was the first thing Terra saw and the fairy wore a violently colourful dress which had layers of ruffles everywhere and there was random flowers embroidered into the dress. It was Flow. "It's good to see you Flow!" Terra greeted her warmly and stepped aside to let Flow enter the room.

Flow bounced inside and immediately went and flopped on Terra's bed. "It's good to see ya girl, it's been far too long!" Flow said playfully. Terra went and sat beside Flow on the bed. "How has things been since you left?" Terra asked Flow excitedly as although Flow wrote about her travels to different towns it was different to actually have your friend tell you about them in person. Flow grinned widely like a mischievously cat. "Ack well you'll love this!" She told Terra happily "I was down in Terasin and I was playing in this pub right, and I was in the middle of a song when some knight jumped up onto the bar and started doing a jib. It took five of his friends to get him off the bar and out the door!" Flow laughed deeply. Terra chuckled at the thought of some noble Knight just forgetting all etiquette and jumping onto the bar and start dancing. "So why's everyone acting like a saint's coming?" Flow asked Terra while poking her in the ribs. "Ow" Terra laughed, "They're setting up for the ball that's going to happen in a few nights!" Terra informed Flow.

"A ball!" Flow shouted in excitement and her bright pink eyes looked around the room and stared at the wardrobe. "Do you have a dress yet?" Flow asked Terra quickly  as she jumped up and down on the bed. "Maria is bringing me a few dresses to try on in a few minutes" Terra smiled while trying to contain her laughter at Flow's erratic behaviour "You are more than welcome to stay and see me try them on!". Flow shouted with glee and jumped off the bed and started to fly around the room. It wasn't long until Maria walked into the room with two maids behind her carrying a variety of ballgowns.

"Right up Terra, we need you to try these on as quickly as you can so we can send the dress to the seamstress to be altered where necessary!" Maria ordered Terra sternly while pulling her up from the bed by her arm. Maria dragged Terra to the middle of the room infront of the mirror that hung on the wall. Flow stopped flying around the room energetically and plopped down onto the sofa. Maria first grabbed a midnight blue ballgown with intricate beading and a slick skirt with a slit up one of the sides. "Right take that off" Maria ordered Terra while pointing at Terra's clothes, she was wearing a light casual lime green lounging dress. Terra rushed behind the dressing screen that another servant had brought into the room. Terra pulled the dress over her head and threw it onto the sofa by Flow. Maria came behind the screen with the dress and helped Terra step into it. Maria tightened the strings on the corset as tight as she could but leaving just enough room for Terra to be able to breath comfortably. The dress didn't have sleeves so Terra's arms were fully exposed and the dress was held up by two small strapped covered in glitter like the rest of the top half of the dress.