Serenity(My OC) and Cryfin, (the small blue boy) continued their journey through the tangled forest. Upon exiting the twisted roots of the banged up trail, they entered a small dirt path.

Serenity took this opportunity to pull the dirty twigs out of her sticky hair. Cryfin, her imaginary animal, though very real to her, sat back on her shoulder and mumbled something.

"I know boy." Serenity sighed. They made their way into what looked like a never ending grass field, and Serenity pulled out a scroll, and marked another moon off with her quill.

"That would be the 6,000th day I haven't seen any humans, and the 56th time through the stupid dirty woods."

If she didn't always have a cracked mirror with her in her pouch, she would have completely forgotten what humans looked like, upon being one herself.

But not her grandmother. She was a demon slayer. Himari was her name, and she had a bright warm smile.

Serenity didn't remember much about her, only having seen her a few times in her life. And upon leaving her home on this miraculous journey when she was 3 years old, but very resourceful, any information she had of her grandmother was a miracle.

She couldn't read or write however, and didn't know many words. Only ones she picked up along her journey when she entered shops for supplies, ironically there not being any humans. Just a pop-in-pop-out shop. Which was where you took what you needed, payed the money, and if you tried not to, there would be an animal guard ready to tear you to pieces.

After sharing a piece of bread with Cryfin, and sleeping under the cold air, with scarce blanket, she continued her journey through the field, and exited it the next day, into another forest, this one taking a dark tangible theme.

It was at late night when she was still journeying, Cryfin sleeping soundly on her shoulder, and her only protection a staff hooked onto her back by some tight leaves, with twine tied around her waist.

She felt a speedy object whizzing past her side, and to her left.

Alarmed immediately, she pulled her staff out of her pouch, ready to pounce on the thing whizzing past her. But when she was seeing it right in front of her, she realized it was a demon.

Her tracks froze cold, and she didn't dare move. But she didn't have to, when she saw a blurring pink object sticking a sharp object in the monsters esophagus.

She stumbled backwards on her back, and the last thing she heard was someone yelling, "Can't you move?! You could've been killed!!"

When she heard this voice, she realized immediately, people!!

To be continued. . .