Chapter 4

The wedding of Genesis and Aether took place in the Void. Her elegant palace stands tall with graceful spires reaching the sky, adorned with intricate carvings and delicate arches. Its marble façade gleams in the sunlight, reflecting the grandeur within. Lush gardens surround the palace, with meticulously trimmed hedges and colorful blooms adding to its beauty. Inside, opulent halls feature gilded ceilings, ornate chandeliers, and priceless art and sculptures, creating an atmosphere of luxury and refinement.

Every primordial had appeared; even Chaos had appeared and blessed their union. Tartarus had shown up, perhaps out of respect for his siblings; no one was quite sure why. He never bothered to try and hide his displeasure over this union.

He watched as the newlyweds danced with love and adoration in their eyes as they gazed at one another. It made him tighten his grip around his chalice unknownly. Tartarus hated it like nothing ever before.

"You know, son, I had never seen this coming," Chaos said as he stood beside his second-oldest child. "I had always assumed you and Genesis would have ended up together with the bond you shared."

Tartarus didn't respond; he didn't know what to say; he had decided to pursue Gaea and push Genesis away, and now this was the result: losing the first being who was ever there for him, the one who had loved him the most.

Genesis smiled happily at her husband, who easily matched her steps on the dance floor.

Seeing her smile soothed some parts within him. Tartarus was glad to see the spark of joy in her eyes again.

"She looks happy," Tartarus muttered, his gaze never leaving her, which Chaos quickly noticed.

"She does," Chaos agreed, smiling at the sight; he had been worried about her after what happened with Tartarus, but everything seemed to have worked out on its own. "Do you have any regrets?"

It was several moments before he could respond, "None."

Chaos knew he was simply in denial, and he wondered how long his son would take to accept the truth.

.....

The union of Aether and Genesis was much more successful than that of Ouranos and Gaea. It was as fruitful as the marriage of Nyx and Erebus, as Genesis became pregnant not long after they had wedded.

Their first child was named Thalassa, the primordial goddess of the seas; she was a beautiful child with her father's blond hair and ocean-blue eyes. She grew a year every week, so her infancy didn't last long; it was something Genesis mourned. However, it didn't stop them from forming a strong bond between mother and daughter. Although Thalassa's bond with Aether was special, he doted on her, bowing down to her every whim. It warmed Genesis's heart; this was the family she had always wanted.

Following Thalassa's birth, Genesis gave birth to twins, one boy and one girl. The boy had the same shining blonde hair as his father but glowing golden eyes like two yellow suns. They named him Elion, meaning of the sun or from heaven, which was fitting because he was the Primordial of the Sun—the girl they named Chantrea, meaning moon. She had black hair like her mother's but silvery eyes that shone in the dark.

Like their elder sister, they had a close relationship with their father, but unlike her, they favored their mother. The twins were practically attached to their mother's hip. Genesis didn't mind at all; in fact, she loved the time she spent with any of her children.

Every primordial had visited and congratulated the couple for each of their birth. Chaos had always been the first one there when Genesis entered her labor. It was an open secret that she was Chaos's favorite child. Nyx and Ananke were the most excited about the children's birth.

Flashback

"Congratulations," Tartarus said as he teleported into the Void. It had been a long time since he had been here; it brought back memories he was trying to forget. But that was the curse of immortality: every mistake haunts you for eternity. He hadn't wanted to be there; he didn't want to see Genesis because the sight of her conflicted with his feelings.

"Thank you," Genesis smiled, still tired from her labor with the twins. She was so exhausted that she momentarily forgot about the feud and their broken relationship. Tartarus was shocked to see her smile at him; it had been so many centuries ago. But her smile and the look of happiness and contentment made his eyes soften, and a small but genuine smile spread across his face.

Aether sat by her bedside, holding the babies as she rested on the bed. The sheets had already been cleaned. The other primordials have already left each, leaving a gift behind. Aether watched his brother closely; he knew that Genesis would never cheat on him and trusted her completely. The look on Tartarus's face at that moment made him wonder if his brother was even aware of the love Aether could see in his gaze. Probably not because, as far as he knew, Tartarus was still pursuing Gaea. He wondered how long that would last.

Tartarus took a moment to observe the babies in their parents' arms. He could recognize Aether's features in the baby boy, but it was the girl that made him soften. She had inherited the same features as Genesis with her fair complexion and dark hair.

"What are their names?" He asked curiously. He knew they would have picked a name that perfectly represents their children.

"Their names are Elion and Chantrea, the Primordials of the sun and moon, respectively," Aether announced proudly.

"They will be powerful," Tartarus praised. He was impressed that they were mighty gods, although it wasn't shocking considering who their parents were.

'Just like their mother,' He thought as his gaze flickered between Genesis and her children. For some reason, he had never felt more envious of Aether than at that moment.

"I should take my leave," Tartarus said. He could see that Genesis was still tired from giving birth to her children. "Rest well...Sister."

Genesis seemed surprised by what he had just said; it had been a long time since they had even acknowledged each other, and when they did, it was as strangers, not lovers, and definitely not as siblings. She nodded and bid him goodbye, but her eyes turned guard, something he had noticed; he left before they could see the hurt in his eyes.

Although Aether had been observing them the entire time, he had noticed his brother's reaction as he left. He didn't blame his wife for it; she had every reason to distrust him, but still, even he, at that moment, felt a semblance of pity for him.

"That was kind of him," Aether commented. He was slightly surprised that Tartarus had shown up at all. Sure, he came when Thalassa was born, but that was only because Nyx and Erebus had dragged him along.

"I suppose so," Genesis mused. It was a pleasant surprise she had missed him despite their tense relationship; he was still her brother.

"You should rest, my love," Aether gently took the children from her arms. Genesis nodded, thankfully. As her eyes dropped slightly, she was dimly aware of Aether wrapping his arms around her. It made her feel protected, loved, and so secure. She had no regrets about her marriage. She only regretted not seeing his love for her sooner and being so hung up on her love for Tartarus, leaving her blind to Aether's love for her.