1. The Investigation

Between the pure darkness and cold breeze of Bangkok at the time when everyone was sleeping, there's still a house with the lights on. Who might this person be, and what could have possibly kept him awake at such a late hour? These questions roamed around, mixing with the wind.

A black car rushed and braked in front of the lighted house with dark colours painted. A figure wearing a slick black coat with a white pant and a large navy blue hat stepped out with a file in hand. He slowly walked towards the door, opening and entering the mysterious mansion. The wood coloured walls shining as he made his way to the black stairs. Going upstairs, he saw so many random, meaningless pictures on the wall and even an empty picture, fully black.

Getting scared, he slowed his pace, making his way upstairs but way slower. He finally reached upstairs and directly walked towards the black door on the last corner of the floor. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door.

"Come in." A harsh, serious voice called from inside.
The guy quickly got in, his head down, gaze fixed at the floor.

"Mr, Khaotung." He said with his hand slightly shaking in fear.

"What is it?" A deep, serious voice answered while flipping his chair over to face the man standing in front.

"There's a huge murder case in the area." The man replied.

"What is it about?" Khaotung asked, squinting his eyebrows and frowning looking at the man, signalling him to look back at him with his finger.

The man lifted his head and tried to look at Khao. But he got scared by the frowning and started to look around. He knew how serious and scary Khaotung was when it came to his career cases.

"People are disappearing out of nowhere from Bangkok." The men said with his gaze back down on the floor. "Disappearing? How do you know it's a murder case then?'' The short but scary figure of Khao stood up from the chair, concern and curiousness evident in his expression.

"They disappear, but then their dead body ends up in a river, sir." He answered, respectfully.

"Interesting!" Khao scratched his jaw. "River? Who handed you the case?" He asked, biting his dry lips with anticipation.

"No one did, sir. My sister's husband also died from this so I brought the case here myself." For one second, the man looked at Khao but when he saw him raising his eyebrows at him, he brought his head down again.

Khaotung smirked with a slight smile. "Okay... Give me the file!" He ordered.
The man handed the file to Khao and stood aside while Khao started walking around the room while reading the file. He was wearing a dark blue blazer with black pants, white shirt and a black tie. "A bar!" The word caught his attention as he looked closer onto the line. All the victims of this case were a bar's regular customer and disappeared from there. The bar was named "Love is war".

He stopped walking around after a while and put the file in the drawer of his desk, picking up his keys.

"Take me to the river and the bar." He ordered, rushing the man.
"But... It's late!" The guy tried to bring an excuse but Khao isn't someone who listens to excuses. Once he had fixed his mind on doing something, he would finish it no matter what. Khao just ignored his words and got out of the room, going downstairs.

He swiftly entered the car, the man, his new secretary following after. They both got in the car and told the driver the place.

They got to the place. But Khao stood there, thinking something, staring at the river and writing in his diary, trying to find clues. When searching for clues, he found a small hair of a guy. He put the hair into a plastic bag and handed it to his secretary. "Keep it with you." He said and continued his search.

After searching for an hour and a half, they found nothing but that piece of hair. They got back in the car and decided to go to the bar, where those people was assumed to usually get disappeared from. Khao came out of the car and walked directly into the bar.

And that's when his eyes went to a tall, bright figure standing on the stage, talking to people. His smile was just... gorgeous. Khaotung had never seen a smile this bright before that could light up the whole world in seconds. He has always been a group of darkness. He never felt attracted to brightness but this time, this brightness gave him a lingering feeling in his heart and stomach. He felt like he was getting stolen.

Stunned by the man's look, Khaotung stood there, mesmerized. Until the young man came up to him and started a conversation. "Mr. Khaotung! Why are you here? Are you here for the investigation?" Khao just stared at that smile, looking at him beautifully and nodded. He wasn't really surprised by the fact that the man already knew him as he's pretty famous as a detective.

"I am here for the murder case investigation. Mind if I check the bar?" Khao asked, smiling back.

The man's smile got wider, making Khao feel like he was about to faint but he pulled himself together. "Sure. I am First. Nice to meet you, Mr. Khaotung." He said and brought his hand out for a handshake.
Khao shook his hand, smiling, feeling the soft hand of First compared to his hard hands, harsh from all the hard work he had done in the past.

Their hands detached and Khao started walking around the bar and checking people while he saw a short guy, acting suspicious. Most likely underaged. He tried to go up to the guy but the crowd held him back and the guy ran away.

He squinted his eyes and went backwards trying to talk to the bartenders.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"I had never seen anyone suspicious here until today." Answered Jake when he was asked about the suspicious guy.

"Yeah?" Khao slightly opened his mouth to say something more but immediately hesitated and closed it.

"I've never seen that guy before here!'' said the bar singer Allie.

It's been 2 hours, 7 in the morning but Khaotung didn't get any clue in the bar at all. He went back home, disappointed and laid down on his bed. He hadn't slept for the whole night yet he wasn't sleepy. He started thinking about First and his gorgeous smile, wanting to know more about that tall figure. He started wondering if First had felt that sparkle between them as well. Thinking about this and that, he fell asleep unknowingly.

To Be Continued.....

Author's note:
I so much want a mafia role for Khaotung and First. And still waiting for their series in gmmtv 2024 part 2. If they don't get a series this year, I swear I'll start protesting!!