romantic picnic (orlaith x fem reader)

"Orlaith, what's in these sandwiches...?" Y/N asked gently.
"The classic combo," orlaith replied, with her husky voice.
Orlaith smirked and put her hand on y/ns shoulder.
"I love you," she said softly
Y/Ns heart began to race. She had never had anybody say I love you to her.
Or make her feel the way she did when she was around Orlaith.
There was something else hiding behind Orlaith's cold demeanor, Y/N was certain. Throughout all the gore, crime, and drugs, Orlaith still had a soft spot for Y/N.
"You mean it...?" Y/N replied softly.
"Y/N...I've seen *awful* things...I can't even begin to describe the horrors I fave every single day. When it comes to *you*, though...I can't explain it. Your face grounds me, in a way. I know that sounds weird. I'm not a religious person, as you know, but sometimes I can't help but think God crafted you just for me. I wish to remain by your side until death, and even when you do die, I shall be envious of the earth that wraps your body. I wouldn't let anything happen to you, though...ever."
Y/N felt her breath hitch in her throat slightly. She had never heard such raw emotion coming from Orlaith; no one had. She didn't know what to say.
"Y/N, I've never been a decisive person," That was a fact "However, when I see your soft smile, something within me melts. I have never been more sure of anything in my life- I love you."
Y/N leaned in gently in an attempt to kiss her, but she was rudely interrupted by the sound of gunshots whizzing past her left ear.
"OW! WHAT THE FUCK!" She couldn't even hear how loud her voice was.
Orlaith picked her up and threw her into the river.
"Sorry, my love! It's for your own good!"
She bellowed before pulling out her pistol and opening fire.
The ongoing commotion, as well as Orlaith's confession, was all overwhelming her. She wished Orlaith didn't have such an intense job, and she could enjoy peaceful moments by the river without being engulfed by the freezing water. However, it was Orlaith's whole brand, she supposed. She was "Orlaith the Mafia Boss".
Her Orlaith, the Mafia Boss.
That was the last peaceful thought she had, before she felt the sharp pain between her ribs.