00|| Prologue

Mary Rose Reilly, daughter of, Daisy and Shane Reilly had a very complicated life from a very young age.

When she was very young her father was arrested and incarcerated in New Mexico leaving her with her drug addict mother. Daisy eventually got married again.

Ed Atkins.

That was the man's name. He wasn't just a drug addict but also an abuser.

Mary's life from that point on was full of traumatic memories she would rather forget because of that man.

Memories of someone that was supposed to be a father figure to her but instead physically and mentally abused her all of her childhood.

This kind of behavior went on for years until one day Mary finally had enough and came up with a plan to escape but it didn't go exactly according to plan.

Mary was pushed against the wall by her stepfather so hard one of the picture frames fell on the floor. That wasn't enough for him because he started choking her making all the air leave her lungs. He backhanded her making she fall to the ground as she sucked all the air that she could before she grabbed the door knob to the front door to make a run for it.

The door open as she tries to make it outside but the man pushes her back down to the ground. She kept on fighting him though, she never let up to escape the man.

"S-somebody...Help me!" Mary called out. She clawed at the floor but it was no use. He grabbed her by the ankle and her jeans belt loop pulling her away from the door.

"Come here!" He said through clenched teeth.

Still trying to escape finds a big piece of glass shard which she picks up quickly swinging it at him injuring the side of his face.

"AGH! You little bitch. Come here!" He said in fury. She rushed out the open door running as fast as her legs could carry her hiding behind another trailer to catch her breath.

The man came running out even more angry.
"I'm gonna kill you Mary!" He shouted.

As she heard the door slam she took off in a random direction running until she couldn't anymore.

Mary was across the street from a bar with her thumb up. She was trying to catch a ride but that was useless sense nobody cared about a teenager needing anything especially not in this country.

She sighed frustratedly as another car passed by her. A woman from across the street noticed this and grew curious.

"Hey kid, come here!" The brunette called over. The woman got off her motorcycle taking her sunglasses off her face while making her way to the teenager who did the same.

"What's your name?" The woman asked the teenager.

"Georgia." She lied to the woman.