Book One: Water

The sun had settled into the sunset and sweat glistened down [M/N]'s body. His hands were brought up in front of him with his palms laid flat, yet fingers clasped together as he took soft breaths. His blue eyes glared ahead of him towards his opponent who stared back just as determined and ready for the next round. His eyes glanced toward their mediator who inhaled the new cup of jasmine tea in front of him before exhaling, his eyes glanced at them before sipping the warm drink. "Prince Zuko, your form is lacking controlled attacks while you fight [M/N] head-on. He always gets the sneak on you last minute." Iroh says as he takes another pleased sip of his tea.

"I wouldn't be lacking control if he didn't shoot water from behind." Zuko hissed through grit teeth. His hair still damp from the last shot of water from behind as his eyes narrowed with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Then stop giving me an opening every single time." [M/N] replied coolly with a shrug as Zuko growled under his breath as his fist began to steam a bit. They continue with their stance as a breeze blows over them and [M/N]'s necklace jingles before Iroh finally sits his tea down next to him.

"Start the final round." Iroh stated as Zuko wasted no time to send a fist full of fire towards [M/N] who dodged the fire as water bends out from the sea around them, it circles him without much trouble as [M/N] shoots water bullets towards Zuko. The prince shouted as he hit fire back, making mist from the collision. [M/N] kept moving around with the water ring around him as Zuko ran forwards and kicked up fire and [M/N]quickly used the remaining water to stop the fire from the kick. He quickly advanced and Zuko lifted his leg to block [M/N]'s kick.

Their legs kept pushing against each other, locked in as [M/N] glanced at Zuko's face to see how determined he was to knock him over to finish the match. Their score was equal too at lunch time. His lips pursed a bit before deciding to bait him and purposely falls to his side, rolling to his side before swiping Zuko's leg from under him. The Prince grunts as he falls on his but and [M/N] flipped backwards onto his feet with a cheeky grin.

"I win." [M/N] hummed as he stretched his limbs, moving his arms and shoulders in circular motions. His stomach growls along with Zuko who mumbled under his breath about losing. [M/N] smiles before offering a hand to the Prince, Zuko glared at it before taking it. He lifts the Prince up and smiles, "Do you feel any aches or your scar?"

"It feels fine, I feel fine." Zuko brushed it off before pulling his hand away and made his way beside Iroh and huffed. "Though training with a none-skilled fighter isn't helping me find the Avatar or sailing around glaciers. We haven't even officially located the Southern Water Tribe either. For all we know is that we've been sailing in circles!" Zuko says as he slammed his fist on Iroh's table that caused the tea from the cup to spill out a bit.

"Calm down Prince Zuko, " Iroh says softly as he picked his cup up before his nephew had other ideas and decided to throw the table out of anger, "You and [M/N] have been training since lunchtime."

"Training builds skill and skill is going to help me find the Avatar but instead of sparing, I need movies Uncle." Zuko says as he gives his Uncle an annoyed glance as [M/N] sits down to rest his legs, leaning back with his arms behind him. 'You're just handing me off to [M/N]."

"Hey, I need help to learn how to fight too, especially with my water bending." [M/N] huffed as he glanced at his friend. His fighting skills especially in hand-to-hand combat is pretty good, waterbending was average. He knows simple things that he learned from scrolls that Iroh had bought over trips, some waterbending history journals in his room along with the training his mother pushed him into.

Things he would like to forget if he could but would use it if someone he cared for was in trouble.

"Easy now, how about I train you but later down the week? We just entered the Southern Waters and I'd like to enjoy the view of the snow." Iroh says with a smile, looking at his nephew with a smile. "You boys need to relax and eat for the rest of today."