huit

19th January 2024
12: 30 P.M.
Sunshine Public School

Mr Green, Betty's class teacher was seated in the waiting room outside the principal's cabin, his foot tapping fervently and his mind wondering what shit did Betty bring to his class's reputation again.

"Mr Green," called the woman in the waiting room. "The principal wants you inside."

"Thank you, Miss Asher," Mr Green greeted and calmed down his thumping heart as his hand gripped the door knob. Pushing it inside, he requested, "May I come inside, Miss Edwards?"

"Oh, sure! Come inside, Mr Joe Green. This mere cabin is honoured to have your heavenly presence," greeted Miss Edwards, Principal of Sunshine Public School, sarcasm at its peak.

Mr Green, who had already known that Miss Edwards was at her peak of a hot head, asked, "Is there any problem, ma'am?"

"Not one, Joe. A million problems, and all of them because of your most obedient student," informed Miss Edwards, letting Mr Green discreetly know that it was Betty again.

Sighing with exasperation rising towards the notch, Mr Green asked, "Was that Betty again?"

Sighing deeper than Mr Green, Miss Edwards informed, "I'll explain after Chloe comes."

It took one awkward, silent second for Mr Green to know that Chloe Edwards, niece of Miss Edwards and the counsellor of the school, was involved in this as well.

Which means that an investigation is on the way.

Mr Green stepped out of his thought web as Miss Edwards shouted, "Why are you standing like you're going to pay last respects to me? Sit."

Mr Green's butt landed on the brown, leather couch, which shot up less than a second later as a young-looking, five-six tall, immaculate blonde entered with a greet, "Hello, Miss Edwards. Hello, Mr Green."

"Hi, Chloe. Get seated," Miss Edwards pointed at the leather couch where Mr Green was sitting a few seconds ago.

"Sure, Miss Edwards," obliged the proxy of Phoebe Buffay from F.R.I.E.N.D.S and sat on the couch, followed by Mr Green, the simp who was busily simping the principal's niece.

"So, guys—" Miss Edwards dragged Mr Green out of his Simpland as she cleared her throat before accelerating her speech. "I received a video from someone who had already forwarded it to the entire school. I think you must have seen that video, right?"

Chloe obliged with a nod while Mr Green shifted his gaze back to back from Chloe to Miss Edwards to Chloe again to Miss Edwards.

"Ummm… I'm sorry," Mr Green interrupted and added, "But I haven't received any news about any particular video."

Smacking her forehead hard enough to create a mark, Miss Edwards groaned, "Joe, I wonder where my brain went when I hired you." Yet, letting out a deep sigh, she commanded, "Check your mobile first."

Mr Green, suppressing himself from shooting a frown at Miss Edwards, took out his mobile and checked his DMs. And yeah, Miss Edwards was right. There was a video.

He clicked on it and what came after was a whirlwind of shocks for him.

It was a CCTV footage of Betty and Alex— whose face wasn't captured in the camera— drinking alcohol together.

"The seventeen-year-old Betty was drinking alcohol at a bar in a state where alcohol was strictly prohibited for people under the age of 21," thought Mr Green and suppressed his gasp.