My Main Objective is My Highest Priority

A/N, First Author's Note:  Oh, boy, so this happened. Listen, I have no idea what I was doing so please stay with me. I still have no idea how to write a compelling story, much less a story not revolving around OCs, however this ship has poisoned me so I hope you'll give this a chance and read through it. I will be accepting opinions, just please don't be mean about it. I tried. :/

<3

Maybe she needed a quick system refresh. At least, that's what she kept telling herself. She didn't quite understand it all, really. She just knew she had to stay close to him. She had to protect him. He was always the first thing on her mind. Everyday, he was there. She didn't know if she was functioning correctly when he was around. She couldn't tell.

It was unusual for her to fail at functioning correctly. That might have been the thing that brought her to her refresh conclusion. She couldn't eliminate Shadows like she was meant to if her mind had different priorities like him. She didn't think that was possible. Unless she could...

Aigis sighed as she shook her head to herself. She didn't think it would work. After all, she had a set objective already. Still, that shouldn't have meant she couldn't protect him like she promised. She thought she could have more than one mission. The android turned her gaze to the others in the room, her eyes catching the specific one girl who she found spending a lot of time with Arisato lately. Yukari Takeba. Her head tilted just a bit.

She guessed it made sense. Takeba wasn't an android. An android with just one objective, but several directories. The feeling she had within this new directory in her circuitry had to be that known as...'love'. At least that's what she figured. Did Takeba feel this love for him as well? She read somewhere that humans in love would spend time, a lot of time with the people they cared about. She was only observing the way Takeba acted, moved. The way she was around Arisato. She was only able to assume.

This was the painful truth. Aigis could only watch the S.E.E.S. to learn human emotion. She didn't believe she had any emotion of her own. She only had what her circuits held within. Aigis found herself offset by the fact she'd never have an ounce of humanity within her "heart". Even her feeling that assumed feeling of love was impossible. Maybe she could only assume so because she was trying to compare herself to human emotions. To normal. But, of course, neither her circuitry nor directories had human emotions synthesized in any way. She'd always be distinctly reminded by her steel made form of how inhuman she truly was.

The android moved slowly, not paying the other S.E.E.S. anymore mind. Instead, this illusion of a human girl moved for the stairs before she stopped before them. She hadn't known why she was still thinking about him. Yes, she had dedication to him. Yes, she was prepared to make any sacrifice for him. Yes, she meant it when she told him she wished to remain by his side no matter what happened. But that didn't mean she was able to feel. She wasn't in love with him. She couldn't be.

The android looked back to the others. She couldn't stop herself from paying them mind again. She didn't doubt they were important to her. He was important to her. But to be able to care like they all did for one another was beyond her capability. She wasn't sure if their importance to her was anything but another thing in her circuitry. Still, she was willing to stay here and be there for them. She wanted to stay near him.

Aigis took a breath before she moved again. As she moved up the stairs she began thinking again. She was thinking about him again. The latest Tatarus visit was rough on him. He had her sitting it out which was still leaving her confused at this very moment she was thinking about it once again. Arisato had returned with the others in worse shape than he had entered, which made Aigis wish he had taken her with him. She was sure she could've eliminated any and all Shadows who dared to even graze him with ease. She could protect him. Why did she have to sit back?