1.1

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᵂᵉˡˡ, ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢᵘʳᵉ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗʳᵃⁱⁿᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉˡˡ!"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Emily Gilmore didn't whine. She didn't yell. She didn't scream. And Emily Gilmore never begged. But here she was, almost on her knees in front of the sixteen-year-old girl who stood in front of her, dark brown eyes brimmed with tears of anger. 

"Calm down Gabriella, please." The normally so collected woman repeated, voice thick with urgency. 

"I am calm." Gabriella snapped sarcastically, reminding Emily of Lorelai. The blonde ran a hand through her long hair, exhaling deeply before looking at her mother. "Why?" 

"Just to give you more freedom, a change of scenery. Me and your father agree it's what's best for you, and Lorelai says she doesn't mind you staying." Emily consoled the teenager softly. Despite knowing that her mom's words were coated in sugary lies, Gabriella let herself believe that it was true. 

"When?" Gabriella asked, meeting her mom's eyes. 

"As soon as possible. Lorelai has cleared out her spare room for you." Emily told her, just as the door opened and closed, signaling Richard's arrival. He walked in, greeting the two warmly as they sat at the dining table. He kissed Emily's cheek and rested his heavy hand on Gabriella's shoulder for a second before he took his seat at the end of the table. The family of three sat in the same seats as the day before and the day before that, a maid coming in and placing three plates of salad in front of the three. 

"And what are we talking about?" Richard asked, folding his napkin over his lap, looking up at Emily and Gabriella. 

Gabriella twirled a piece of lettuce on her fork, and didn't look up from the gold rimmed china plate. "Mom was just telling me how I'm going to live with Lorelai." She told him, voice strangely calm for the way her heart was pounding. 

"Ah." Richard said, and then silence fell upon them. 

"In fact, I'm not hungry, I'm just going to go start packing now." Gabriella decided, letting the fork clatter to the china as she stood up, smoothing her school skirt down as she turned to leave. 

"Gabriel-" Emily started but fell short when the girl shook her head, turning to look at her parents. 

"I don't mind. I don't want to stay where I'm not wanted any longer." She said softly, leaving the room. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"I mean, I know what's it like to be unwanted-"