𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Calm Down, Dr. Death

After the whole 'destroying an old field' incident, Preston went to the bar Caroline was at. Preston knew Caroline. She knew where she was. And once again, Preston was right. Then she saw Enzo also walking in too.

"A hard-knock life, is it?" Enzo mused.

"Don't walk there. Ugh. I just washed that." Caroline groaned, storming over to the spot Enzo was to clean it again, apparently.

"My apologies, Cinderella. What are you doing?" Enzo asked Caroline.

"Stefan and I had a moment. Things broke in the process. And now I'm returning Scull Bar to the way we found it." Caroline answered.

Preston furrowed her brows, crossing her arms. "That's what you care about?" She wondered, getting a glare from Caroline.

"Uh, the whole point of flipping your humanity switch is you don't care how you leave things." Enzo added.

Caroline sighed. "I go to school here, Enzo. I want to keep going to school here. The second that I draw any suspicions, break-ins, broken property, dead bodies, people will try to interrupt my routine. Then I will end up rotting in a cell somewhere, instead of what I should be doing, which is preparing for my audition tomorrow." She moved over to the bar counter.

"You, Caroline Forbes, vampire without humanity, auditioning for the school play." Enzo scoffed.

Caroline whipped her head around, "musical." She corrected. "And obviously. Duh. I'm a drama major. And what are you two doing here?"

"Got bored." Preston answered simply.

"Find My Phone led me here. It didn't explain why your sticky fingers needed it last night." Enzo responded.

"You're the only one with Sarah Salvatore's phone number." Caroline said.

Preston furrowed her brows once more. "Why would you—"

"Why would you need Sarah's number?" Enzo questioned.

"To use her life as leverage to convince Stefan to shut his humanity switch off too." Caroline explained.

Preston's brows raised as her eyes widened.

"That's both clever and deeply unsettling. Tell me she's still alive." Enzo had the same look on his face as his daughter.

"She's alive. Assuming she survived any infections resulting from Liam's amateur surgery." Caroline smirked.

"Alright, Dr. Death, calm down." Preston said.

"Which means Stefan's humanity is a thing of the past." Enzo stood up from the seat.

"Like I said, I will stop at nothing to maintain my routine. So I suggest that the both of you stay away. Now, if you don't mind. I need to prepare for my audition." Caroline told them, walking away, leaving the bar.

Enzo looked at Preston.

"No." She said, knowing what he was thinking.