Chp 5: Gnome Your Enemy

3rd POV

Ever since Jim declared a rematch with Draal, Jim had to focus on his training to prepare himself with one week. Right now, they're all in the training ground where Blinky explains the history of how the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace until the Gumm-Gumms wanted to devour all of mankind led by Gunmar the Black. The rest of troll fought against him in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge which is the gate to the realm of Gunmar's Darklands.

  The first Trollhunter, Deya the Deliverer, banished Gunmar into the Darklands and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the amulet before tearing it apart into pieces. After the battle, they left the old world in search of peace by boarding the ship called the Mayflower until they finally arrived in a land called New Jersey.

  From there, they travel on foot until they came across a new Heartstone, calling it home under Arcadia. When Blinky finished, he notice Aarg and Toby matching his posture while Jim was asleep with another open book in his lap and YN is meditating.

Blinky groans and quietly walks towards Jim and slams the book shut in front of him

Blinky groans and quietly walks towards Jim and slams the book shut in front of him. Causing Jim to wake up with a startle and screaming in Spanish.

Jim: Lo Siento, Senor Draal! No me mates!

YN: Dude, you still only have a week before the rematch.

Jim: Oh.

Blinky: The training of troll history might seem like a minor duty, Master Jim, but-

Jim: Sorry, I pulled an all-nighter studying for my Spanish Comprehension exam and my brain is muy gooey. I don't know. I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more...active.

Jim stands with a stretch and a yawn.

Toby: Yeah, like, when is he going to learn Troll-kwondo or something? Or Rock-itsu?

YN: To learn to fight, one must learn understand why you must fight. Learning and inspired by the will of Deya the Deliverer, will forge their names as Trollhunter.

Aarg: Or Unkar the Unfortunate.

Jim: Well, tomorrow, my Spanish exam is with Senor Uhl "the Unforgiving." My main concern is for my immediate future, not "Unkar the Unfortunate."

Blinky: Aha! But, to learn what will happen in the future, one must only look to the past!

Blinky drops the large book onto the floor with a loud thud, earning a groan from Jim.

Blinky: I recommend A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore by the venerable Bedehilde. Volume one of 47.

YN: Hey, Blinky. Is there anything you have for earthbenders?

Blinky: Unfortunately, there's little resources for you to search about your ability.

YN: I'll take whatever advantage I can use to get stronger.