17.ㅤHoning the Prey's Claws

Having the life as that of a modern royalty, there wasn't really any secret that Hyunjoo had to keep

Having the life as that of a modern royalty, there wasn't really any secret that Hyunjoo had to keep. It was a literal saying that no one can touch her. There's not a thing that could destroy her reputation. And it's all because of her father.

She could absolutely bluff about taking all kinds of illegal substances or make people literally wipe the path she's to step on, and no one would say a thing. That's how powerful she and her family is. There is no way of destroying them.

Well... Aside from one. It's something that absolutely no one must know. And Hyunjoo bears the sole responsibility of keeping it.

It's a huge obligation. Why? Because the consequence does not only affect her, but also her parents. More specifically, her father. It's a secret that could result to her father's downfall, which would inevitably affect everything her family sacrificed the world for.

That certain secret is the Son's Achilles heel.

Hyunjoo had that worry inside her head as she strides towards corridors after corridors, wishing that the exceptional student Park Benjamin Sunghoon would be in his academic building despite not having classes. Otherwise, she'd either have to revisit another time or find out where his unit is.

The latter option isn't much of a choice, since Hyunjoo is aware of his true identity.

But much to her luck, it was easy to identify where Sunghoon could be, gaining information from students who passed by with enamored looks on their faces. He's inside his classroom, as stated by someone who claimed to be on the same block as the guy she's finding.

Hyunjoo prepared a unwavering demeanor, pulling her shoulders back and putting her chin up high.

Room S-7

Shortly after a gentle knock, Hyunjoo opens the classroom door, peeking her head inside to see if Sunghoon really is inside... But she was met with an empty classroom. Hyunjoo's expression falters.

"May I help you?" A masculine voice was heard from behind, startling Hyunjoo, who quickly turned around the same time she hopped inside the classroom so there would be distance between her and whoever the man is.

Lo and behold, across her was Park Benjamin Sunghoon, with a cold aura emphasized by his siren eyes.

"I don't think you belong here, Son Hyunjoo." He curtly uttered, taking a heavy step inside the classroom with his hands hiding inside his pockets.

Fucking hell... Hyunjoo's heart rattled against her ribs, and there came the tightening feeling on her chest. It was a feeling that she's always felt ever since she came here, yet she could never get used to it.