Chapter 52

Hangyeol did not accept the card. Instead, he said mockingly, "Do you think you can bribe me with fifteen thousand dollars?"

Was he trying to say that it wasn't enough? jennie pursed her lips into a smile. "This fifteen thousand dollars isn't meant for you. It's for your boss."

"It's even more insignificant to him."

Jennie unhurriedly explained to him. "I know. You're only a small chauffeur, and you've just been arranged to jungkook's side. Jungkook currently has so many trusted subordinates with him. Even after ten years, you may not have the opportunity to be as valued they are. Bring this card to jungkook and tell him that I gave it to you. This will be an opportunity for you to perform in front of him."

Hangyeol appeared interested in her words and shifted all his attention onto her.

"You can tell jungkook that I came into the room. But I left right after retrieving a fresh set of clothes. Nothing happened between the two of us. This way, your boss will value you more. There also won't be any loss for me." jennie proposed a suggestion that would allow both of them to benefit.

"Why are you helping me?" hangyeol asked her.

"The trusted subordinates by jungkook's side are too hard to buy off. They are far too stubborn." jennie did not attempt to fool him.

"My heart belongs to jungkook. I need a spy next to him. Of course, I won't make things too hard for you. Instead, I will keep creating opportunities for you to become jungkook's most trusted subordinate. I will also give you more benefits..."

She leaned close to hangyeol's ear and continued whispering.

A hint of desire appeared in hangyeol's eyes.

Taehyung, who was hidden by the side felt that this was a pity. He could not hear what jennie had whispered to hangyeol.

Nonetheless, the recording he had so far was more than enough to prevent hangyeol from obtaining jungkook's trust. Jungkook would also never give jennie another glance.

taehyung was about to end the recording, when...

The phone screen suddenly turned dark!

Fuck, his earlier recording wasn't saved yet. Wasn't this the same as not recording anything?

This cheap, rotten phone. He had already owned it for four years. It was as slow as a turtle. He had clearly charged it to full battery yet it suddenly turned off.

He was really angered to death!

Taehyung's expression was gloomy.

Hangyeol accepted jennie's card. taehyung watched as he spoke respectfully to jennie. It was clear that he was planning to follow her suggestions.

In their previous life, jennie often came to hin to show off her knowledge of jungkook's whereabouts. She would mock him for not knowing anything about jungkook.

At that time, he had felt infuriated. He thought that since jungkook had informed jennie of his whereabouts, it meant he had developed feelings for her.

It turned out that he had been wrong about the whole thing. A traitor had appeared by jungkook's side.

He suspected that hangyeol was responsible for spilling all of the information in the previous birth and jennie had fooled him.

Later on, there was an occasion where jungkook suffered an ambush after his location was leaked. He wondered if that had to do with hangyeol's betrayal as well.

Unfortunately, he had failed to record their conversation and did not obtain any evidence to accuse hangyeol. Furthermore, he had yet to do anything out of line.