xiii. a bit dramatic

Naomi found herself walking back and forth in the ravenclaw common room. She bit her lips anxiously as her hands starts to brush her hair. What in Rowena's name just happen? How did she find herself in this kind of predicament?

Just this morning, her only problem was the way her friends teasing started to irritated her or the way Fred Weasley's company started to annoy the living shit out of her. Now, her problems still involved the same people, albeit, in different reasons. Firstly, she walked out from her friends, which she finally started to realized, a bit dramatically and a bit uncalled for. Secondly, Fred Weasley's sudden proclamation of interest in her also started to give her a headache. In Merlin's saggy balls, it was still September. A month has not yet passed and she was having this problems.

Naomi grumbled and stomped her feet in a whining manner. This stresses her and it's not a good thing. With all of her dillemma, she failed to realize her friends' voice outside the Ravenclaw common room.

"Stop defending yourself, Chris." Nicole's voice boomed in the quiet hallway.

"I didn't know, okay? She should've told me. I am not a mind reader." Chris said in defense.

"Well, you should be." Eleanor smiled at him sarcastically. Beside her, Matt rolled his eyes at the fight that is currently occuring. He escaped the group and knocked on the handle. The riddle was delivered immediately. Matt and Evelyn answered at the same time and both smiled at each other.

Matt opened the door just to see his bestfriend in the middle of the common room, stomping her feet like child having a tantrum.

"What the hell?" He voiced out, catching the attention of everyone present in the room.

"Great, you're all here." Naomi said and walked towards them. She pulled everyone inside then checked the hallways and closed the door.

"Is there something wrong?" Evelyn's soft voice asked.

"Naomi, what the hell is happening?" Nicole questioned. Her hands in her hips.

"I have no bloody idea." Naomi answered then she clutched her raven hair. She paused in that posture and stayed silent for the time being. The whole group, except Naomi, looked at each other in confusion.

"Nami?" Chris voice boomed in the silent common room. He walked towards the frozen girl and notice the tiredness and stress etched in her beautiful face. He guided her towards the shared couch, the girl willingly let herself be dragged by the Gryffindor.

Both of them sat down. Chris pulled her hands, that was still clutching her hair, carefully. He placed them on his lap to prevent the girl from clutching her hair again. Then with the soft voice, he asked. "Is something bothering you?"

"Everything is bothering me, Chris. I mean, how the fuck did everything happen in this situation?" She asked. Her eyes focusing on the blue flames that lit the room.

"Well, first off, I am sorry for making you uncomfortable." He apologized sincerely. Naomi looked at him and smiled weakly. "Secondly, please tell us what's bothering you. For us to know so that we can help you."

Naomi looked at them with a certain emotion that lingered in her eyes. The thing about Naomi is that she can see other people's emotion through the person's eyes. However, Naomi was actually quite easy to read. She was skilled in reading other people's emotion not knowing that her emotions was quite easy to analyze. The group could tell that she felt thankful and grateful.

"I'm dramatic." Naomi started. The group immediately answered with no's and Nicole's little yes. The group glared at the Gryffindor who covered her answer with a cough and a shake of her head.

"No, Nicole's right. I couldn't handle the new events that is happening. Hell, third year for me is not a good start. At all. It's just... everything that's happening was not in my to do list for this year and I couldn't help but think that third year was ruined." Naomi continued. The group looked at her slump figure. Both hands still holding Chris'.

Evelyn sighed and sat in her other side and started patting her back.

"You know what I think?" She started.

"No, we don -" Nicole was cut off by Eleanor with a jab to the stomach. The Gryffindor clutched her stomach and glared at the Ravenclaw.

Evelyn and Naomi did not pay them any mind and continued the conversation.

"I think that you plan things too much. You should learn to let the things flow. Grab the opportunities that you want and ignore those that doesn't interest you. Planning is good but let the events flow and enjoy the things that happened in front of you." Evelyn said. Naomi zoned out, letting her mind register the words.

It was silent for a while, with the sound of Evelyn's soft patting, the constant chatter from her friends, and Chris' breathing beside her.

"Fred Weasley asked me out." Naomi blurted out and everything became silent. The patting stopped, Chris' breath hitched, and her friend's quiet chatter literally got quiet.

"What?" Nicole asked. "Fred Weasley? The ginger in Gryffindor house that has a twin that's also a ginger? The 5th year student?" She asked.

"That one that constantly got into detention?" Elenor asked.

"The beater of Gryffindor?" Jaspier asked.

"That troublemaker?" Matt asked. Beside her, Evelyn and Chris was silent. Chris being friends with Fred Weasley maybe made him quiet.

"Wow..." Nicole exclaimed after quite a long silence, "About time." Nicole suddenly said.

"Nic, what the fuck?" Matt cursed.

"What? Our beautiful friend should at least have someone that has a courage to ask her out, not someone coward." She said the last part a bit loudly.

"Excuse me? I'll have you know that he was just waiting for the perfect moment. Something romantic that Nami deserves." Jaspier answered and the two started quarreling, a normal thing, really.

"Wow." Beside the quarreling duo, Eleanor was stunned. "I didn't know that he was also fighting for your hand." She said.

"What?" Naomi asked.

"I mean, I do not have any idea that he likes you." She answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"- Nami did not deserve that at all. Look at her, too overwhelmed."

"- She was just shocked that someone actually had the courage to ask her out."

"What did you say? Did you agree?" With Evelyn's question the room became silent.

Naomi looked around. Her friends looked at her curiously. Naomi's cheeks suddenly turned red.

"Well, I ran away before I could answer him." With that answer, the room became loud again.

"- Just as I told you, overwhelmed."

"Naomi was just shocked, I say!"

With (almost) all her friends getting into a debate, Evelyn started patting her back again.