xiv. the case of the missing quill

Naomi woke up a bit late, much to her surprise. She rushed to enter the bathroom for a quick shower. Since all of her room mates have already finished showering, she did not wait any longer and barged into the comfort room and took off her clothes.

After what seems to be the shortest shower she ever had, she wore her school uniform and did not even bother styling her hair like usual. She quickly grabbed a random headband and wore them after brushing her hair. She stuffed some mascara, eyelash curler, and a lippie in her bag, hoping to fix her self in some public bathroom.

She ran out of the common room and went straight to the Great Hall. She opened the large doors and went straight towards the ravenclaw table where her friends' sat.

"Well, that's new." Matt smirked at her, his eyes looks at her teasingly.

"Shut up." Naomi rolled her eyes at him. A plate appeared right in front of her and she did not wait any second to stack some food in it.

"I slept late, big deal. It feels weird myself." Naomi commented sassily.

"So, what's our plan for to-" Eleanor stopped talking once a booming sound resonated the Great Hall. They all looked at the entrance. However, almost all of the students that was inside already knew what was happening.

Naomi looked down and started stacking some food in her plate again. But the sound of the abrupt opening of the huge doors took her attention again.

The infamous troublemakers, Fred and George Weasley, entered the Great Hall while flying in their brooms. A red mist following them that seems like coming out from their wands. The two flew across the Great Hall, their laughter echoed in the four walls. It was then that Naomi noticed some patterns in their flying. Fred flew towards the blue table and started flying on top of it in some pattern that she noticed. And she was right. They were writing something.

WEASLEY

The word formed into their last names. A sign that a finished prank was successful, she guessed. Fred, who finished writing the "W" on top of the ravenclaw table, surveyed the students with blue neckties and his eyes landed on her. He smirked at her. He started flying on top of her and started flying again in some pattern. Naomi's eyes widened and blood rushed to her cheeks creating some tint in her white cheeks.

A heart was formed on top of her. The red mist started falling down on her. She looked at her friends whose jaws dropped in surprised. She looked again at Fred. He smiled at her and winked cheekily. Then, he flew away with his twin.

Great. What a great start.

-*-

"Do not get me started."

"That was so romantic."

"He practically claimed you in front of everyone."

The girls from her house said to her as she walked towards her first class.

″I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.″ Naomi said.

″Oh please. It was about time someone confessed to you.″ an older ravenclaw said.

″Yeah, the longing gazes were too painful to watch.″ her friend said. Naomi grimaced at their sentences.

″It was a mark, I am sure.″ Naomi denied their statements.

″Really? A mark for what, you presume?″ She asked, a confident smirk in her face.