𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Somewhere Far Away From The Violence

Unfortunately, Elena had dragged Preston into Jo's bachelorette party. They wound up at a diner all by themselves, which Preston was in charge of while Elena and Bonnie went to the medical centre to get Jo. Preston was busy making sure that everyone did stay out of the diner.

    Then the group got there and somehow, Preston was laughing at random stuff just like the others while eating.

    "An entire diner to ourselves. Actual heaven." Jo sighed happily.

    "If Caroline were here, we'd be planning a spa day." Elena said.

    "But now she's MIA." Bonnie continued.

    "Understandable. Considering..." Jo trailed off, happily eating a burger.

    "So I figured we'd just stuff our faces." Elena told Jo.

    "And I would never turn down food." Preston added.

    "You're geniuses." Jo responded.

    "Except aren't you a vegetarian?" Bonnie asked Jo.

    "Bonnie, don't ruin it." Elena whispered.

    "That's not a Gardenburger." Bonnie muttered.

    "The baby is not okay with the no-meat thing. Besides, it's my party and I'll eat what I want to. I do wish this was vodka though." Jo replied.

    "Right?"

    "Hey, I don't want to know what Ric's doing, do I?" Jo wondered.

    Elena, Preston, and Bonnie shared knowing looks. "Probably at the movies." Bonnie lied.

    "Yeah, or mini golf." Elena suggested.

    Jo snickered, not believing them for one second. She stood up, "I need ketchup."

    "You know what, I need more coffee." Preston said, walking over with Jo.

    Jo looked at Preston. "So, I know it is my bachelorette party, but... how's yours and Elena's wedding planning going?" Jo asked with a smile.

    "Honestly, I don't know. Elena's been trying to plan nearly the whole thing." Preston laughed softly.

    She poured the coffee into the cup and walked back to the table to see Elena and Bonnie talking about something. Elena had told Preston about there being another cure for vampirism.

    "You guys aren't full, are you?" Jo asked.

    Elena explained to Jo about the vampire cure and Jo was confused now.

    "Why are we talking about me? This is your party." Elena told Jo.

    "Trust me. I would much rather talk about that than the fact that I have yet to find a non-hideous wedding gown. Or that I can't ask my sister to be my maid of honour because she won't return my phone calls. Or the fact that I cannot stop eating. Literally. Like, ever. So big decision. Go." Jo said, asking Elena about the cure.