The night of the comet (1 x 2)

" dear diary," she picked her pen up and started to write, " this morning is different. There's change. I can sense it. Feel it. For once, I don't regret the day before it begins. Because I know.. I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good."
She smiled as she wrote her last sentence.

____________________

" hold on," Jenna stopped Sadie  as she spinned  around, " do I look adult? As in, respectfully parental?" She questioned her again.

" depends where you're going!" She smiled as Jenna walked into the bathroom.

" hair up or down?" She asked,  doing 'experiments' with her hair to see which one looked nicer.

" sexy stewardess or boozy housewife!" She giggled as she leant against the door frame.

" up it is! You're feisty today"

" yeah! I feel good... which is rare, so I decided to go with it. Fly free, walk on sunshine and all that stuff!" She giggled as she walked towards the mirror, grabbing the lipgloss out of her pocket and putting it onto her pale-pink lips.

_____________

Jeremy left early due to what happened with Vicki, Matt was at the hospital with her so he couldn't visit, but he did send his thoughts and prayers, hoping she's okay.

Last night was hectic.

____________

Later on throughout the day, lunch came round  of the corner. Sadie was strolling through the school grounds until Matt approached her.

" hey, how's Vicki?" She asked, since we haven't heard from her or her family.

" she's better. They're keeping her overnight, but she should be able to come home tomorrow." Matt said holding onto his bag and sipping his drink.

" that's good news! Vicki's lucky that she's okay." She stated as she walked on and on.

" I know! And now there's talk of some missing campers." Matt revealed. So many attacks.

" she said it was a vampire who attacked her. I know, it's crazy. She woke up last night and muttered 'vampire' and passed out. Think she was drunk." He laughed again.

" so what's up with you and the new guy?" He quickly changed the subject as he looked over at Stefan sat lonely on the table.

" the last thing I wanna do is hurt you...."

" you know, I'm actually gonna go back to the hospital." He turned around on his two feet and started walking.

God why did he have to bring that up.

_______________

After school, the girls went to hang out at the grill. They ordered their usual coffees and had girl talk about god knows what.

" so Sadie!" Caroline started the conversation like usual. " you and Stefan talked all night. There was no... sloppy first kiss, or touch-feely of any kind?"

" nope we didn't go there." She stated as she picked up the menu to buy a croissant.

" not even a handshake? I mean, Sadie! We are your friends, okay? You are supposed to share the smut! What is with the blockage?! Just jump his bones already! Okay? It's easy. Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy, sex." She smirked as she wriggled her eyebrows.

Sadie began to grab her belongings and put her jacket on.

" where are you going?" Bonnie asked.

" you know! Caroline's right. It is easy! If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it, instead of doing what I started the day saying I was gonna do." She smiled as she walked off.