🦕ྀི (V)

Chapter Five

[3rd POV]

Y/N tiptoes out of the bedroom, hearing Brooklyn's, Kenji's, and Darius' voices echoes from the kitchen

What are they up to? her mind dings.

"...That means... we're going rogue. Ka-pow!" Brooklyn says.

Y/N immediately steps out, realizing what it means, and she shakes her head sternly. "You guys shouldn't sneak out! It's dangerous, what with all the dinosaurs around us, and I'm pretty sure there aren't going to be much people awake to help us in case something happens."

"But Y/N!" Darius protests. "It's Jurassic World! I don't want to miss out the dinos. Besides, the lights are only coming from the Compy enclosure. Compies can't hurt us if we just watch them."

Brooklyn nods and Kenji smirks arrogantly.

Y/N sighs. "As much as I like dinosaurs, no. This is too dangerous. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed. Where we all should be."

Brooklyn and Darius frown, and Kenji mutters, "Goody two shoes." under his breath, Y/N pretending not to hear.

Meanwhile, Ben is scrambling out of bed in a frantic state of worrying about Y/N possibly being in danger at the moment.

Just as he is about to reach the bedroom door, it opens and Y/N steps inside the room, making the boy sigh in relief.

"Thank goodness you're okay." Ben beams and hugs his best friend.

Once he pulls away Y/N smiles at him, and says, "Sorry. Brooklyn, Darius and Kenji were talking about sneaking out so I had to stop them."

"Did they listen?"

"Well, they should be here by now... oh no. Shoot!" Y/N realizes the situation and Ben does too.

They exchange panicked glances and run to Dave's and Roxie's room.

The door opens and the two best friends burst into the counselors' room

Dave wakes up from his peaceful slumber, making odd noises of surprise, and Roxie rolls her eyes at him before they fixate on Ben and Y/N.

"What's the problem?"

"Brooklyn, Kenji and Darius went to visit the enclosure that had the lights on." the girl speedily explains, out of breath.

"Oh dear. That's the raptor enclosure!" Roxie says loudly, making Dave yelp in the middle of rubbing his eyes.

"Stay here, Ben and Y/N. Thank you for telling us. We'll take it from here."

The female counselor pulls on Dave's wrist, dragging him out of bed to save the others.

The door closes behind them, and Ben collapses on the bed, frowning worriedly.

"What if they get hurt?" He mumbles to Y/N, and she rubs circles on his back to calm his nerves.

"Don't worry. Dave and Roxie have got this. Right now, all we can do is wait." The girl soothingly says, and Ben leans against her gratefully.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Ben and Y/N's eyebrows shoot up in surprise, and they sigh in relief as Darius, Brooklyn, Kenji, and the counselor burst into the room,
arguing loudly with each other.

The boy and the girl exchange glances when they realize that the others are showing no signs of stopping their argument.

This is going to be a long night. Ben thinks. But at least I have Y/N with me. Everything is better when she's around.