Chapter 2

Destruction

The large walls of the Underworld shook.

Dust fell from the walls. The roof of the Underworld was dark as ever, dust fell from it. A few stalactites fell from the roof and crashed against the floor or crashed into the rivers. A few souls in the Fields of Asphodel, Elysium and the Fields of Punishment was pierced by stalactites. The souls that were pierced bled out into the ground and disappeared.

In the castle of the Underworld, a silent God watched over the destruction. The Gods face was blank, but deep inside, in the heart of the God, the God cried as he watched his home fall apart. His gaze moved to the cliffs near the Tartarus.

The ground shook and a piece of the ground in the Underworld got loose and fell into the darkness of Tartarus. Soon more pieces of ground followed.

"It's getting worse," someone spoke beside the God.

I sat down in the chair. The counselors sat around the ping pong table as usual. Chiron was at the end, sitting in his magic wheelchair with Mr. D next to him.

After Percy's death, the God of Wine had been silent. He almost hadn't spoken. Nobody knows what happened, but my best guess, was that he was mourning. The God hadn't even ordered anyone to find him a drink. He hadn't even called us any weird names. He just sat staring at his hands or watching the sky or camp all day. He didn't play pinochle anymore. He didn't talk to anyone, the only person he would talk to, was Chiron. And even that was a rare occurrence.

"Thank you for showing up," Chiron smiled and gazed at the campers. "And thank you to the Avengers for joining us." He nodded towards the six newcomers. "We are happy you could join us."

"Of course," Natasha nodded.

"So, we are gathered here to discuss the war." Chiron spoke.

"Honestly, I am not quite excited about it." Sherman Yang muttered. His shoulders were sagged.

"Me neither." Annabeth spoke up, "But we've still got to prepare. I say we let the Avengers come with ideas, and then we'll discuss it." She said and looked at the demigods and Avengers.

"Sure," Chiron nodded and gazed at the mortals. "What is your experience with war? Have you been in one? Do you know how it works?" He asked.

"Well..." Tony said, "We haven't really been to war... it was more like... fighting against my killer robots."

I frowned. Killer robots? And it was Tony's? What the hell had happened?

"It was more of a fight than a war, I would say." The man shrugged. "But we know how to fight. We've fought against, Loki, the Norse God of Mischief. And Ultron, my killer robot. Are there anyone else?" he turned to look at his teammates.

Clint shrugged, "They all get mixed up. But the point is, we know how to fight and how to win." He stated confidently.

Chiron nodded, "That's great. But we're up against a God, no, a Primordial. A Primordial is even stronger than the Gods." He spoke.

Annabeth nodded, "We barely won the fight against Gaea..." She spoke.

"We probably only won because Octavian catapulted himself at her." Leo spoke up. He received a few glares, and he held up his hands, "What? It's true. Although I want to take the credit for killing her, I don't believe I was the reason she went back to sleep."

Annabeth only shook her head. "But what is our plan? We need a plan."

"I have a plan." Tony spoke up. "Attack." He smirked. The Avengers all sighed and wore expression of defeat. "What? It's a good plan. It worked last time with Thor and Loki."

"Yeah but... That fight wasn't serious, and you two almost destroyed a whole forest." Natasha reasoned with him.

Chiron sighed. "As long as you know how to fight and are willing to put your lives on the line." He spoke slowly.

"Sure, I mean. We kind of put ourselves into this." Tony shrugged.

"Yeah, and we owe Percy to fight for his people." Steve said.

Chiron smiled and nodded.

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. We couldn't fight without a prophecy.

"Shouldn't we go to Rachel?" I asked. "We need a prophecy. She's our Oracle, can't we just go to her now?"

Annabeth shook her head. "It doesn't work that way. Even if we do seek her, she might not spit a prophecy out. We'll have to wait till the Oracle makes its presence known." She explained. I sighed and slumped back in my seat.

"Did we even figure everything out in the last prophecy?" Piper asked. "I mean, we found Percy. Our friendship were still intact. But the last sentence Reunite as force and find the source. Did that happen?" She frowned.

"Zeus killed him..." Chiron spoke slowly. "And... well, we did reunite as force, but it depends on which way you look at it. We didn't reunite as a force for war, we more like..."

"Reunites as a group. And sort of figured out it might be Uranus who controlled Percy and Matteo." Annabeth finished. "So, if we look at it from this view, then the prophecy has already played out. But if it talks about a war... then..." She let the words hang, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"We've just come out of a war. It's only been a year..." Connor Stoll muttered.

"So, we're waiting for a new prophecy to be spoken?" Natasha Romanoff asked.

Chiron nodded, "Yes, until then, all we can do is practice. Share techniques with each other. Brace ourselves for whatever may come."

If Percy was here, he'd know what to do.

If I could bring Percy back, then everyone would see me as a hero, and we wouldn't be doomed in the upcoming war. And Annabeth would get her boyfriend back. Yes, we are together, but if Percy was back, I'd break up with her, just so she could be with him. I'd probably hurt myself in the process, but she'd never be as happy with me as she was with him. We didn't really act like a couple. It seemed more one sided what we had.

"The meeting is over. I suggest everyone will begin to train." Chiron said. The demigods nodded and stood before they left the room. Tony trailed after the counselor of the Hephaestus cabin. Bruce followed Will Solace and the rest of the Avengers went with the Ares counselor or Annabeth. I rose from my seat and walked out of the Big House.

I would go to the Underworld and find Percy. Then I would bring him back.

The soul's light flickered. It had grown weaker during the hours of the day. It blurred into the shadows as it flickered around. The once white soul was now a light grey color. A stalactite fell from the roof and pierced the ground right next to the soul, causing it to flicker and waver. Its light grew weaker.

----

Oh, wow. Look. I finished chapter two! I totally did not finish writing it during class when I actually should have been looking for an internship... But hey, I made chapter two!

I don't love the chapter, but I think it's okay. It was needed. This was just basic information I guess. Anyway, how was your day?
Mine sucked. I had to look for internships and then I had to visit a company that made gin... I hate alcohol, and the whole building smelled of it. I can tell you, I ain't going to ask for an internship there. Also, I'd have to taste the alcohol if I was to work there, and I don't want to taste it. They even brought us a welcome drink... And I'm underage... But then again, in Denmark you're allowed to drink when you turn 16 or something - I don't actually know, seeing as I tend to stay away from all of that.

This got a bit long... Anyway! Have a nice day!

-R_LG