-- Echoes --

-- N --

I forced myself awake, and looked around. Everything I was living was a dream, a mere illusion. I felt weary and tired, but I had to stand up. "Uzi?" I called out. No answer; only the wind whispering sweet nothings to me. I walked back inside the cathedral from where I was momentarily thrown out.

Everything seemed as if it was in a calamity. Then it all came back to me. Uzi threw herself down into the pit in a sacrifice to save me. I felt guilty and undeserving of that. There was a brief sound from afar, and, not knowing what else to do, I ran towards it.

There was a figure in the dust, wings out, and looking around. Yellow eyes gleamed in the dark, and in a matter of seconds, I found it staring at me. "N?" The figure said, stepping towards me. It was J. Why was she here? I limped towards her, realizing I had a scar on my leg. "Hey, J." I said, my head dizzy.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!" She immediately yelled, looking at me with a mix of anger and concern. She noticed me flinch, and she stepped back, muttering "Sorry". "Nothing much, just.. feeling not great right now." I said, laughing drily to ease off the pain. J rolled her eyes at me. "We better get you back to the surface. Tell me, where's Tessa, Uzi, and V? Weird that they aren't here." She asked. I didn't say anything. J read my expression and I could tell she understood.

"You alright?" She asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. Hey, can you follow me for a sec? I need to.. er.. see something." I asked, leading J towards the site where the elevator broke down. After a while of digging, me and J managed to successfully clear up the shaft and we climbed up to the upper levels of the labs. There was a mess of oil and a dead Sentinel on the floor. But sure enough, there were enough evidence to say that V was clearly dead. 

J immediately dashed over to pick up a broken pair of glasses. She held them tight to her chest, as if hugging them, and I think I saw her shed a tear.