𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

EPILOGUE
I Wouldn't Be Standing Here If It Weren't For You

Everything was perfect. Caroline made sure of that. Bonnie was helping Elena get ready while Preston was already in her suit. Sort of. She could not for the life of her tie her long neck tie.

    She furrowed her brows when she heard footsteps. She turned around to see an unexpected face. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

    "I'm not staying too long, but... Meredith told me to make sure you weren't a bundle of nerves. And how could I not when you are a protector of my child." He replied.

    "Well, you're not dramatic at all, are you, Klaus?"

    Klaus walked towards Preston, gesturing to the tie. "Need some help?" He offered, and she nodded.

    "My palms are generating so much sweat it's insane." Preston admitted.

    Klaus managed to fix her tie, "alright, there we go. You look stunning, Little Hunter."

    Preston smiled.

    "I should probably go now, though. So, I wish you all the best, and Elijah is already out there with Meredith, all ready." Klaus told her.

    Preston did an unexpected thing and hugged Klaus, surprising him, but he had a smile on his face. "Thank you. For being here and being there for me when I was starting to get the mark, and telling Cami about—"

    "You always intrigued me. And now, you've discovered you're a witch. You refused to become a vampire, you did the impossible." Klaus said, smiling before walking away.

    Dean walked in with tears in his eyes. "My little sister's all grown up."

    "Where's dad?" Preston asked.

    "Right here—" Enzo started, only looking up from the floor to see his daughter now. He had seen her in a suit before, but this time it was different. Her usual black suit jacket had been replaced with a light blue one. Her medium length blonde hair was in waves too. Enzo teared up.

    Preston smiled. "Klaus stopped by to help me with the tie, and..." She started to trail off but Enzo stopped the continuation of words.

    Enzo placed one hand on one side of her face, cupping it. "You look beautiful, kiddo. If your mother were here, she would be in tears, even more than me. You're getting your fairytale, the one you deserve so much." Enzo whispered through the tears.

    "Alright, Caroline is texting me like crazy. It's go time." Dean announced.

    Enzo smiled at his daughter.

    "Sam, Scott, Sloane, Cas, Aunt Meredith, Elijah, they're all on your side in the front row. Which is where I'm going now." Dean looked at his sister one last time before walking away.

    Enzo and Preston walked outside of the building, still there until Damon gave the thumbs up. The music started playing as Enzo held out his arm for Preston to take. "I can't believe I have to give you away."