𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
What The Bloody Hell Is That?

The familiar scent of a musty motel room crept up, which didn't make Preston grimace, on the other hand... Enzo was trying not to vomit. Preston threw her duffel bag onto her bed while Enzo carefully placed his on the bed, scared that something would come out and destroy it.

"So, what happens now?" Enzo asked his daughter.

Preston grabbed the suit from inside of her duffel bag. "Get changed into our suits and pretend to be FBI agents." Preston said with a smile.

"We impersonate FBI agents?" He questioned.

"Yeah?" Preston responded, going to the bathroom to change.

"By the way, where are the badges, because they're going to ask for badges–"

"Already taken care of." Preston assured him, walking out of the bathroom with her suit on and her hair in a ponytail to get it out of her face.

Enzo followed his daughter outside and into the truck after he had changed into his suit. They arrived at a house. "So, tell me again, how we do this..."

"Fake ID, interrogate them, know that it's something supernatural, lie to the family, confirm it will be taken care of." Preston explained quickly.

Enzo took a deep breath, getting out of the truck. Preston went to the backseat of the truck and grabbed the bag that held a bunch of different fake IDS, making Enzo stare at her in shock.

"What?" She wondered.

"Why would a person need that many fake IDs?"

"Because that way, if the actual FBI find out, which they probably won't, but if they do, they'll be looking for different names."

"Why do I feel like you and your brothers have been arrested before?" Enzo asked.

"Probably because we have." Preston admitted, not bothered at all.

Preston quickly glanced through the different names on the badges and handed one to Enzo and grabbed one for herself. They walked up to the front door, prompting Preston to knock on the door. A woman in her 40s walked out slowly. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying or drinking, it was hard to tell.

"Who are you?" She asked. "Cops?"

"FBI." Preston answered simply.

Enzo stood there with his hands behind him.

"I want to see your badges." The woman looked both of them up and down.

Enzo took his badge and showed it, and so did Preston.

"I'm Special Agent Halstead, this is Special Agent Ruzek." Preston lied confidently. She had done this act one million times, it was like second nature.

The woman examined the badges and IDs carefully, then she scoffed, letting them in.

"My son was murdered. He never did anything wrong..."