𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
Say Hello To Lindsey The Demon

Preston was still looking for more cases. She was sitting on the motel bed, eating a slice of cheese pizza and then she saw something pop up on her laptop.

"Hey, dad. There's a case in Sacramento." Preston told Enzo, who was walking out of the bathroom.

"What are you thinking it is?" He asked.

"Demon hunt." Preston guessed.

The two got in Preston's truck and drove off to Sacramento, California. "So, FBI agents again?" Enzo asked.

"CBI."

"I don't know– I don't know what that is." Enzo reminded her.

"Never mind. I'll explain when we are– ah, here we are." Preston smiled, pulling into the motel parking lot. They did the usual routine, put their stuff in the motel room, get changed and go interrogate people while impersonating different people.

"Hello." Enzo greeted the man at the door.

"Who are you two?" The man questioned.

Preston sighed, holding up her ID. "Agent Morse with the CBI. This is Agent Johnson." Preston told the guy.

"What the hell is the CBI?" The man questioned her.

"California Bureau of Investigation. Like the FBI, but better." Preston explained to him.

The man still looked skeptical, but let them in the house anyway. Preston looked around the house, then she noticed a very photoshopped photograph of the man in a Naval flight suit. He was not a pilot, Preston could tell.

"So, you're a pilot?" Preston asked.

"Yes, well, I was. Sadly, I went through too much according to the doctors." The man laughed.

Preston narrowed her eyes at the man who was claiming to be an ex-pilot. She could clearly see on the photo that it wasn't real. One, the background was far too blurred. Second, the head was way too small on the uniform. Lastly, there was a noticeable gap between the collar of the suit and the neck. It was basically just a floating head.

"What did you fly?" She asked.

"Oh, many different planes... F-0 Tiger." The man lied. There was no such thing as an F-0 Tiger. Preston knew that.

Enzo looked at Preston with furrowed brows.

"Why don't we have a seat and discuss why you're here." The man suggested.

Preston reluctantly sat on the couch, beside Enzo. "Sir, your wife was killed. You were the last one to see her, right?"

"Well... look, I didn't kill her! We had an argument after she found out about me having an affair, but that's all." The man told them.

"What's the name of the person you were having an affair with?" Enzo interrogated.

"Lindsey Daniels. She's not far. Here's her address." The man said, handing Enzo a piece of paper.

"Thank you, sir." Enzo said, standing up. Then he noticed a look on Preston's face. "Unleash hell, kiddo." He whispered.

"You're not a pilot. You never were. One, the photograph is noticeably photoshopped. Two, there's no such thing as an F-0 Tiger fighter jet. Nothing like one either." Preston stated. "And–"

"Okay, come on, Agent Morse, let's go now." Enzo said the alias to Preston, practically dragging her out of the house and to the truck.

They got in the truck, and Enzo looked at Preston. "Really? You told me to unleash hell–"

"I didn't mean to continue into another criticism." Enzo replied. "I know you said demon hunt, but I mean, it would make sense for 'Lindsey Daniels' or whatever to murder the wife." Enzo said.

"What if Lindsey Daniels is a demon? I mean, the demons I have encountered are not afraid of affairs or flirting." Preston pointed out.

Enzo nodded in consideration. "Well, there's only one way to find out." Enzo mused, smirking.

They got to Lindsey's house, and they realised it was a mansion, much like the man's house. Except this one had a red corvette in the front.

The two got out of the truck and stepped onto the front porch. Preston's Chevy truck looked out of place in comparison to the entire set up.

"You two are cops, aren't you?" A much younger woman compared to the man asked.

"Yes."

"Yes."

"I did not kill Marina Casquette." She immediately said with no expression.

Preston rolled her eyes. "You look like you need a drink, here." Preston offered a bottle of water, confusing Enzo.

Lindsey took it, "thank you." She scoffed, taking one sip of it, then she spit it out as her mouth was burning. "You bitch!" Lindsey yelled, her eyes turned coal black, literally, confirming Preston's suspicions.

Preston grabbed the demon blade in her back pocket and went to fight off Lindsey. Enzo went behind Lindsey to try to distract her, but it didn't work very well. He ended up getting a cut, and he staggered from the force. Preston took the demon blade and drove it through Lindsey's forehead to stall her. Then, Preston removed the blade quickly and drove it through the soul, then cut off Lindsey's head.

"Well, that's a little– extreme." Enzo murmured.

"And that case has been closed." Preston smirked.

"Why am I even here?" He asked, smiling.

"Company and moral support." Preston grinned.

Preston knows her shit

And her just effortlessly killing Lindsey the Demon-

Okay, bye!