𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
I Play Cards With Lucifer

On their way to Atlanta, Preston had the country music station on. Preston drummed her fingers along the rim of the steering wheel. Preston hummed along to the country song, making Enzo smile slightly as he looked out the window in the truck.

    Shortly after, they decided not to stay at a motel and just stick with the truck. Preston had to wake Enzo up aggressively, causing him to groan.

    Preston got out of the truck and noticed a demon right away. She scoffed. "This is way too easy." Preston noted.

    The demon suddenly appeared in front of her, making Preston punch him in the face. They were ambushed by another demon, who took Enzo and left with him to hell knows where. "Son of a bitch." Preston cussed, looking back at the demon in front of her. "Who the hell are you?"

    "Jerry."

    "Jerry? Okay, Jerry... I need you to tell me where the hell your friend took my dad."

    "Oh, I can't tell you that."

    "Why not?" Preston questioned, crossing her arms.

    "Well, if I do that, my supervisor will not be happy–"

    "Well, I don't give two sweet fucks about what your supervisor feels. I need you to tell me where the hell my dad is. Now." Her tone was sharp.

    Jerry, the demon, looked conflicted before stabbing her in the heart.

    "Motherfucker." Preston hissed. "Really, Jerry? I thought we were starting to get on the same page!"

    Then she died. Sort of. I mean, she did come back, obviously. But, it took her a while and she was in Hell again. Then she was back to 'Normal Land'. She was greeted by a different demon with reddish-orange hair, wearing a black outfit and sunglasses.

    "I am getting real tired of asking this, but who–"

    "I'm not telling you my name." This demon's accent had briefly switched back and forth between Scottish and British. "All you need to know is I know where your dad is."

    "Perfect. Where is he?"

    "London, England."

    Preston scoffed, then she laughed. "Good one."

    "I'm not joking."

    Preston groaned. "I can't book a plane ticket–"

    And suddenly she was in London, England. She staggered a bit before being able to walk normally. The demon took her into a bookshop, confusing Preston. There she saw a man with blonde-nearly white-hair and a very light trench coat, holding a book. Then she saw her dad.

    "We brought him here. Areio, the demon who took him, was trying to bring him to God knows where, and well... you are a huge deal in Heaven and Hell." The demon explained further.

    "Oh! Would you like any books, by the way?" The blond man asked.

    "Uh, no, thank you. I'm not a reader... at all. Words get way too mixed up and stuff." Preston declined.

    "I understand. As you know, he is a demon and I am an angel..." But he got cut off by the ginger man whisking both Preston and Enzo back to Atlanta.

    "That was... different." Enzo mused.

    "Yeah, I wonder who those guys were." Preston wondered, but then shrugged it off. "Now I have to find Jerry."

    "Preston."

    She ignored Enzo, walking away.

    He kept repeating her name for five more minutes before Preston turned around and glared at him. "What?" She snapped.

    "Who the hell is Jerry?"

    "The demon that attacked me."

    "You're on a first-name basis with a demon?" Enzo questioned.

    "I know Lucifer. He's kinda fun to play cards with actually." Preston responded.

    They managed to find Jerry, standing in the woods alone. Preston brought her demon blade up and pierced his skin.

    "Well, that's done." Enzo muttered.

    "Yeah. Well, at this rate, we'll be back in Mystic Falls in no time." Preston said, putting her knife in the truck with her.

    "Where to next?" Enzo asked.

    "Chicago... there's 'animal attacks'." Preston used air quotes before putting the truck in drive.

    They knew damn well that 'animal attacks' was code for either: vampires, werewolves, or hybrids.

A bit of a shorter chapter, but oh well...

Did I write in Crowley & Aziraphale from Good Omens just because I wanted to? Yes. Does it make complete sense? Not really. Do I care? No.

Okay, bye!