one

Yells of anguish and stubborn pleas echoed through the once silent snowy forest.

"Just hold on, don't give in to the demonic hunger, you're gonna be alright, Ze!" The mahogany haired young man gritted his teeth as he kept his best friend from tearing his throat out.

She had knocked him down and now he had her back to his front, his arms around her neck and forehead, placing her in a chokehold.

After a few tense moments of her attempting to thrash her limbs out of his steel like hold and snarling wildly, venom dripping from her fangs, she finally went limp in his arms.

The young man then let out a shout of pain as she bruised his jaw and switched her position so that now they were chest to chest, face to face.

His seemingly human face glancing at her with sadness and concern, no judgment or disgust in his eyes.

The ink haired young woman found herself biting down on the slender sheathed katana that the man carried with him.

And then the man gasped as he witnessed tears building up in his best friend's vibrant pale pink irises and then she let out choked sobs as her tears fell onto his face.

"It's gonna be alright, Ze, I promise you, you're gonna be alright, I won't fail you again," Rian Crevan spoke softly as Zexion Phantomhive continued to sob.

She was the last of her beloved family, the unexpected sole survivor of the massacre that the cruel Angel, Gwydion, had orchestrated.

However, as he left her for dead, a very powerful demon had arrived and apologized for the tragedy that had befallen her before biting into her neck harshly and then feeding her his blood.

Her best friend, Rian Crevan, had returned from selling lumber and immediately carried her unconscious body, he shed tears for the kind family that had taken him in and said prayers for them.

Zexion was the eldest daughter, the eldest child, she had three younger brothers and two baby sisters.

Their names were Astrellio, Luciel, Sage, Vitanni and Yelena Phantomhive, their parents were Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive.

As he carried Zexion to the nearby village, he never realized that one of her brothers was missing.

Luciel Phantomhive, affectionately known as Ciel, was missing from the brutal massacre that had befallen his and Zexion's beloved family.

Rian had taken on the role of being an older brother when Rachel had adopted him when he was six and Zexion had been four years old.

And he felt like the biggest failure but he knew he couldn't afford self pity when his main priority was keeping his little sister safe and sound.

It would be night soon and they needed to reach a safe haven, the village would be too much temptation for a freshly bitten demon.

Just as he contemplated contacting his cousin for help, he startled and held Zexion close to him as he scooted his way over to a tall and strong tree, placing his back against the base.

He grit his teeth and his maroon eyes glinted dangerously, his katana hovering in the air beside him while his arms wrapped around Zexion who had her back to his chest as she clutched onto his arms, snarling at the intruder.

Her pale pink irises narrowed into slits and glowed a bright fuschia as the intruder let out a rich dark chuckle.

"I suppose I cannot blame either of you for your reactions. I apologize for the family tragedy, I would've been here sooner had the angels not tried to attack me once again," The demon stated as his crimson irises glowed the same bright fuschia as Zexion's.

His skin was almost as pale as the snow and his hair was dark like a raven's wing, he was tall and lean, wearing a black suit with a matching trench coat.

Zexion stiffened as a longing to be near the demon, bloomed within her chest, making her slow beating heart ache.

"Oh, my little mate, I wish we met under different circumstances. However, we shall meet again in the near future, this you have Seen," The mature demon nodded to himself.

Rian glanced at Zexion with semi widened eyes, he had a feeling that she had the ability to See the past, present and future.

But now the other demon had confirmed it, which made their family tragedy even more difficult.

His younger sister had been hunted down for an ability that she never asked for.

And they had lost their entire family because of the greed and envy of angels.

It was ironic in several ways.

Zexion let out a scream of pure anguish as everything fell into place.

The strange things that she had Seen but not fully understood, events and people that she never knew about, all of it had led to her and Rian losing their entire family.

The older demon immediately had both of the adopted siblings in his arms, his own slow beating heart ached at the sounds of his young mate grieving for her family.

Rian found himself crying alongside his little sister, he felt safe with the older demon, not being judged while he also grieved.

"My true name is-" The older demon whispered his name to his young mate and his future brother in law.

He knew he could trust them with his true name.

Zexion glanced at him and he smiled softly at her, wiping away her tears and placing his forehead against hers.

Rian was drifting asleep as he had been running on a longterm adrenaline rush the entire time.

"I will protect both you and your guardian brother, both of you will always be safe with me, this, I swear," The wine colored eyed demon spoke lowly.

The pale pink eyed demoness couldn't help but cuddle closer to him, one hand interlaced with Rian's and the other hand interlaced with her older mate's, he was comfortable to lay on and radiated enough heat to keep the three of them comfortable.

"Born Zexion Phantomhive, raised Zexion Crevan, mated Zexion Michaelis," The wine eyed demon murmured as Zexion fell asleep, her head and Rian's head both laying on his chest.

"No angel will ever hurt you the way they did tonight, I will not allow it," His eyes glowed a bright fuschia as he made a solemn vow.

One that he would make good on, no matter what it took.