Chapter 25 ~ Adult Things

🖤

Words:-2900+

Words:-2900+

__________________________

S I D D H A R T H

As we sat in the car, Raha didn't even look at me; all her attention was focused on that candy. I found myself hating that I was even getting jealous over an inanimate object. I needed her attention; after dropping her off at the mansion, I had a hectic meeting scheduled, and I wanted to talk to her beforehand because talking to her always lifted my mood.

She was devouring her candy, and I found myself wishing I could devour her like that. "Stop dreaming," I scolded myself silently. "Raha, give me one bite," I said, even though I didn't particularly like cotton candy. But I needed her attention. She looked at me with her big eyes; I knew she didn't like to share her candy. I noticed she was hiding the candy behind her hands. "Little dove, it's not good manners. Sharing is caring," I said, attempting to coax her into sharing.

"I won't give you... You have too much money, buy it for yourself," she replied, defiantly. "I also bought this candy with my money, so technically it's mine," I argued, but when I looked at her, she was hiding something behind her back. Eventually, I noticed she was offering me money. "Take this money," she said. It was really hard to tease her. "No, I want my candy," I refused her. "I will not share," she pouted. Damn, she was so cute to handle.

"I was just teasing you, little dove. Eat your candy," I said to her, trying to lighten the mood. She settled back into her seat, but I could tell she was still deep in thought. What was bothering her? I couldn't help but ask, "What happened?" Her response was a dismissive "No... nothing," but her voice sounded different, and I knew something was bothering her deeply.

"Share," I insisted, my voice taking on a rougher tone. I couldn't stand to see her upset. Then she asked, "How many years were you and Sana in a relationship?" My blood boiled at the mention of that woman's name. I didn't want my girl to feel insecure because of her. I needed to explain.

"It wasn't even a relationship. She just used me for my credit cards. She cheated on me. I was loyal to her, but she never loved me. There was nothing good between us. It's over, little dove," I explained, hoping to reassure her that I was committed to us, not to that woman or our past. But she didn't respond.

"I was a fool back then. I didn't realize she never loved me. I thought every girl was a gold digger... After I broke up with her, we got married, and that's why I treated you so poorly. I thought you were like her. I hated myself for treating you that way. I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve you, but believe me, I'm not a man who gives up easily. If you deserve better, I'll become the best in every way," I poured out my feelings, but she seemed unfazed, still fixated on that cotton candy.

Soon, we arrived at the mansion. She opened the door and stepped out of the car, not leaving a single cotton candy behind. She could forget anything but her sweets. I drove towards the office, knowing that the upcoming meeting would be a hassle. I despised those clients.