🦕ྀི (X)

Chapter Ten

[3rd POV]

"You could have been killed! What were you thinking?" Roxie chides us as we walk to the lift taking us to the bunks

"That we found the lost dinosaur." Sammy proudly puts her hands on her hips. "... and Darius and Brooklyn."

She gives Kenji a fist bump, who brags, "Don't ask me how I did it, but I did it."

"What?" Roxie says, confused.

Brooklyn laughs. "That's the funniest thing I heard all day!"

"Your eyes were closed." Yaz teases with a smirk on her face.

"Now stay in your bunks, you hear me?" Roxie warns before we shoot up.

"Weren't you crying at one point?"

"Hey, I helped!" Kenji huffs at Sammy's comment.

"Oh my gosh, he's serious." Brooklyn giggles.

"Wow Kenji." Yaz rolls her eyes.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Yasmina and Sammy are talking with each other on the balcony, becoming more friendly towards each other.

Meanwhile, Brooklyn is trying to comfort Darius since he feels terrible for putting his friends in danger. She succeeds, and, well, that's the start of a newfound friendship.

[Dari-lynn, if you ship it, I guess]

"Hey, Y/N?" Kenji tentatively calls, watching as the girl turns to him with a small guilty frown on her face.

"What is it?" she asks in an unsure voice.

"Um, I'm sorry for acting like a jerk to you and Ben sometimes. I guess I was just... jealous that I don't have a friendship like you two do. I don't think I even have any friends at all." the teenaged boy admits, rubbing his neck sadly.

Ben and Y/N exchange glances before the girl turns back to Kenji and says, "It's no problem, Kenji. I'm sorry for taking out my anger on you as well."

Ben merely nods, but deep down, he also forgives him.

"We can be your friends... right Ben?" the girl suggests.

"Mmhmm." her best friend hums with a slight smile.

Kenji's face breaks into a wide grin "Thanks. That would be... really great."

And at that moment, Kenji vowes not to ruin this opportunity to have friends for once. He's gonna be a better person from now on.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Brooklyn squints at her phone in the darkness of the room as it charges.

She frowns deeply, trying to pause the video at just the right time.

Then she sees it.

Sammy uses a small Q-Tip to extract a sample from the Sinoceratops, and she quickly hides it, her eyes flitting around to see if anyone had noticed.

No one did.

"What...?" Brooklyn's expression twists into one of deep bewilderment.

But she doesn't notice Sammy behind her in the dark, watching with wide, horrified, and desperate eyes.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

This is mostly just a filler chapter, but at least I fixed the whole 'Kenji is a jerk' situation.

Don't fret, though. I'll publish the next chapter by Sunday

See you there!

-S