Chapter Seven

One year has passed since Delta claimed you as his daughter.

You got used to the life underwater, yet never thought of Delta as your father.

He will always be the bad guy in your story.

"We are going to the surface today"

"Really?"

You ask in disbelief at Delta's sudden announcement.

"Yes, I wish to reward you for your good behavior."

The Siren's reply made you sigh and continue to make a shell's necklace.

"I thought you would delight at the news?"

Delta swims close, to have you face him.

"It doesn't matter, I have no one to meet on the surface"

"Who said you needed to meet with anyone? I only wish for us to have fun as father and daughter"

When you continue to ignore him, Delta becomes angry, snatching away the seashell necklace.

"Give that back now that's not yours"

You order, trying to take back the necklace only to have the male siren crash it in his hold.

"When I speak to you, you have to listen" he asserts letting go of the broken pieces.

"I already stated that I don't wish to go" you remind him calmly.

"As your guardian, you have no choice but to obey my orders"

°°°

Seeing Delta with human legs is a strange sight for you.

You always view him as more fish then human.

Now, he looks full human to you.

Delta decided to take you to a festival to hang out together.

While your adoptive father was busy buying some snacks from a nearby vandor, you wait for him.

But that doesn't mean you won't use the chance to try to get help.

You see a police officer standing close by, trying to make sure everything is in order.

Without waiting any longer, you start walking towards him at full speed.

He is a handsome man looking to be in his late twenties to early thirties.

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n), my parents  are (M/n) and (F/n) (L/n), they were killed by that man"

You point at the unaware Delta before continuing to speak.

"He kidnapped me and I need you to help me out of here"

Your explanation shocked the police officer, as he lower his head to meet your eyes.

"I need you to calm down, I will take you with me to-"

"There will be no need officer"

You gulp as you feel Delta's towering appearance behind you.

"Oh no, officer, she's just confused," Delta says in his charismatic but sinister voice.

"We are just here to have a little fun. Isn't that right, my dear?"

The officer looks at Delta in suspicion, but he doesn't seem entirely convinced by his explanation.

"I appreciate your concern, sir, but I would like to take her with me anyway."

"But, officer..." Delta trails off.

"Axel"

"But, officer Axel, the girl is my daughter, you can't just take her with you anywhere" the siren says.

But Delta isn't using his normal voice in the conversation.

His voice tone changes into a more enchanting one.

"Yes, of course, I apologize for the disturbance, have fun" Axel says, feeling hypnotized.

You watch in horror as he walks away, leaving you with Delta.

The siren smiles, as he grabs your hand while the other one is holding your snacks.

"I applaud you for trying to escape but remember, your papa is always one step ahead of you"

Delta says cheerfully, his mood is not ruined by your failed escape plan.

"Are you not going to punish me for trying to escape?" you ask, confused at his reaction.

"No, because today is a special day" 

This answer caused more confusion and forced you to inquire more.

"What's special about?"

"Today is the day I took you home with me"

"Oh...you mean the day you kidnapped me?"