SEVENTEEN.

comment for motivation!

EXAMS HAD FINALLY ARRIVED. And you would have lied if you said you weren't nervous—because truthfully, you were. It wasn't just the stupid bet with Jun—actually, yes, it was the stupid bet with Jun because you feared you just wouldn't know how to comfort him after he lost.

But something—something, you knew—had obviously changed and shifted in the air. You were hesitant to place it into words, or describe it: but how else could you explain the way the student council's members' behavior shift? Before, you were convinced they would be playing some sort of sick game to thwart you and get you kicked out, but now, it almost seemed like they were...wooing you.

.

.

"What's this?" You blinked your eyes at the sudden bouquet of flowers thrusted towards you. "What the hell is this?"

"Roses." Kaen winked at you. "It's roses, [Name]."

"Yeah, I can see that..." you poked around it. "Is it spiked? I remember some twisted faith fanfiction I read where the roses were just covered with blood."

"I don't know what you read, but that sounds morbid—amazing. You have great taste."

"Thanks?"

.

.

"Let's go out on a date."

You sputtered—then your eyes sparkled.

"I never thought you would ask. Guess I'm not that bitchless after all. Why is everyone throwing themselves at me? You, Inei, of all people—?"

"I've done to honor the promise that you broke."

"Aw, how cute," you commented wryly. "You know, you have competition. Kaen brought me roses today."

.

.

"Let's play a game, [Name]!" Saito slammed a gaming console onto your desk enthusiastically. "It's the second edition of Kanye or Hitler. You know, the game we played together?"

"I've got exams," you sighed melodramatically. "But sire, when it's done. You're a little late. Kaen and Inei just came."

"What? Ugh...annoying..."

"Sorry, try harder."

.

.

"You made me Oreo ice cream? From scratch? What are you, Nara Smith? Well, I expected that of you, Daichi. Impressive. So what's this? A let's woo [Name] campaign that all of you are doing together?"

"You like cookies and cream, don't you? It's your favorite flavor."

You frowned. "When did I ever tell you this?"

"..."

"Wait, have you ever worn that shirt before? Look, I don't want to sound like a stalker, but..."

.

.

Basically everyone, much to your horror (you were positively delighted since they were all incredibly good looking) had done just something for you. But you weren't about to let yet get into your way—you had something to win, and that included absolutely smashing that exam and making Jun lose the bet.

"I'm so not prepared," Haruka groaned, "holy shit, biology is going to kill me one day. Especially since it's a practical, and it's dissection. Like come on, I suck at using the knife..."