Chapter 1- Whispers of Destiny: The Wedding of Sati and Shiva

चलत्कुण्डलं भ्रू सुनेत्रं विशालं
प्रसन्नाननं नीलकण्ठं दयालम् ।
मृगाधीशचर्माम्बरं मुण्डमालं
प्रियं शंकरं सर्वनाथं भजामि ॥

There was nothing less than heavenlike décor in Prajapati Daksha's palace. Fresh flowers, exotic and native adorned every corner of the palace. The kitchen dished out every delicacy and speciality every minute. The grandeur of the wedding was unmatched. Servants rushed in and out, carrying out the orders. The wedding mandapa was decorated in red and yellow silk tapestries and adorned with delicate golden flowers. However, Prajapati was unpleased. Not in the wedding preparations. Or the food being served. It was the groom who he disliked. Sati had been adamant about having "Him" as her husband. All those years his daughter spent pleasing and praying for "Him" to be her husband, he had lived hard and cold. His Sati was his only joy after his other daughters were married away. Out of all the people in this universe, why was it "Him"?

He who wears tiger skin, lives in the cremation grounds, smears his body with ashes, wears skulls and snake around his neck and lives in the harsh, cold terrain of the Himalayas. Who would marry that man? He thought to himself. Why not marry the Lord of the universe, Lord Vishnu? He who lives in Vaikuntha, the heaven. He who is soft-spoken, dons silk pitamber, wears pearls, is ever-smiling and calm. He is the perfect man. Daksha's heart was in a dilemma. He wanted his daughter to be happy but didn't want her to marry Shiva. But he knew her destiny could not be changed and her happiness laid with him. The wedding rituals had begun. And Shiva, had arrived at the wedding with yakshas, ganas and kinnars, and wearing the same tiger skin and skulls. The procession of the yakshas led Shiva to the wedding mandapa. Daksha was appalled by the sight of Shiva. How could anyone arrive to wedding with that kind of appearance? He thought.

Sati sat there, admiring her lord. In her eyes, he was the most handsome man in the universe. His words, as soft as jasmine petals, praised her beauty. His heart, as gentle as dew on a rose, cared for her immensely. His embrace, as warm as the sun, brought relief to the mind. He is that part of the poetry which Sati would happily recite for life. Shiva brought out a Bramhakamal, as he sat down next to her. Sati's eyes lit up, as she saw slowly took the flower. It had a curious glow to it. Whenever she twirled it a bit it would glow brightly. She looked up shyly, and whispered a thanks to her Lord. For him, her smile was the brightest glow. Her laugh was enigmatic, mesmerizing and sweeter than honey. Her heart was pure, benevolent and firmer than mountains. Her love was tender, devoted and precious than any gem.

The wedding rituals began, and the gods gathered to witness the union of two beautiful souls. With every vow they exchanged, they gazed into each other's eyes with utmost love and care for one another. Flowers from the heaven were showered upon them as they saw nothing but each other. Sati turned to her father, Prajapati Daksha, seeking his blessings for the life that lay ahead. Daksha looked away from her and walked away. Sati was deeply hurt by her father's actions. From childhood to adulthood, he had taught her that Shiva was his greatest enemy and he disliked that man. But Sati could never understand his words. He worshiped Lord Vishnu, who is the great devotee of Lord Shiva. Sati couldn't comprehend his animosity. Prajapati Daksha, returned to his chambers, deeply regretting his actions. Shiva gently took her hand in his and squeezed them. She looked in his eyes, tears on the edge of her eyelid. He slowly wiped off the tear and smiled at her, reassuring that everything would be fine. She looked down again, turning pink slightly. 

|| Om Namah Parvati Patay Har Har Mahadev ||

P.S. Okay so this is finally here! It was supposed to be posted on Mahashivratri but got delayed due to my exams :( I hope you'll like it! Please vote, comment and share! I apologize if there are any mistakes. Constructive criticism is always welcome.