Solely Yours (Ruby)

"Hmm I hate to be that person..."

"Then don't be." Ruby says as he drives down a familiar road, in so reaching over to secure the blindfold that was placed over your eyes before being 'gently' placed in to Ruby's car by Scrim not only bumping your head on the door MULTIPLE times due to his negligence and Ruby rushing in to the house as he proclaimed to have 'forgotten something'.

"I thought we said no surprises this year." Sighing as you shift the blindfold to a more comfortable position, Ruby smacks your hand away.

"No peaking!"

"I'm not peaking! Just drive!"

A few minutes go by before the car comes to a stop to where you were guessing was possibly your destination. Hopefully. Last year you both had agreed on no surprises for your anniversary as Ruby always hated (secretly loved) doing as what he calls, "cliche shit." This year you were hoping to just stay at home, order in some take out and get zooted out of your mind.

There's always next year.

"Okay, I'll come to you."

"Woahhh, no dinner first?" You laugh as you can already imagine his 'shut the fuck up' face. Getting out of his side to go to yours, he opens your door and takes your hand in his.

Stepping out of the car your nostrils get hit with a familiar scent. Smiling to yourself as Ruby helps guide you away from the car and closer to your destination. Hearing your shoes graze against the graveled floor, you feel a cold breeze slip by you. The sound of small low waves crashing against each other as seagulls screech along with children playing in the distance. After what seems like forever getting lost in your own world, yours becomes clear and visible again as Ruby takes off the blindfold.

West End Point.

The one and only fishing port your father would take you to "learn how to fish" when all you really did was fuck around half the time or go and cause mayhem with Scrim and Ruby downtown Nola while your father and Ruby's father went fishing. That was a long time ago but those memories will forever live on in the sand, the beautiful sunsets and that local bench where you and Ruby shared your first kiss at the age of 10.

"It's been so long since I've been back here." Your eyes wander over to the water and fishing docs. "I think the last time we were both here was when we were like.. 12?"

"Yeah." Staring off in to the distance of how far the water goes, he smiles. "I remember our dads were always so eager to come out here an just kick back. So competitive to see who can catch the biggest fish. Remember when you got boat sick?"

"Remember when scrim fell in to the water shoreline and thought he was dying?"

Turning around to hug him, you feel his arms wrap around you. Staring up at him lovingly as he looks down at you, you smile. "Why here? What made you think of this place out of everywhere we've gone?"

"It's where I figured out I had feelings for you."

Feeling your eyes become glossy you bury your face in to his chest. Chuckling he runs his fingers through your hair.

"Oh don't start crying now."

"I'm not! I just got some sand in my eye and it hurts." You muffle out. Before pulling away, you lean in and kiss him. "Thank you."

"This place holds a lot of memories for us both, although shit ain't like how it used to be that doesn't mean we can't look back at it."

Trying your hardest to not saying anything immature in the moment, you bite your tongue.

"I hear it, you don't gotta even say it."

"I'm so sorry I'm trying so hard." Covering your face with your hands you hold back all the giggles. Thank god Scrim isn't around.

"You know, when you went off to college in Philly I came out here."

Calming yourself down, you look over at him. "Yeah.. I'm sorry I remember scrim telling me something along those lines."

"It was really hard letting you go."

"Then why did you?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you let me go?"

Taking a few seconds to respond, he shook his head. "I couldn't let you hold yourself back. Just because I had fucked up my future didn't mean I was going to do the same for yours. And we weren't necessarily together. Yeah we had a few moments of uhh.."

"Weakness?" You chuckle, rolling his eyes he pulls you close to him once again.

"You've always been a weakness of mine."

"Hmmm I don't know about that now. Weakness or not, I don't think anyone can fake those sounds that you were ma—"

"Okay! Okay. Enough with the sappy shit, everything worked out. You left and came back because you were supposedly kicked off campus after your third year but we all fuckin know it's cause you missed me."

"Aww, you tell yourself that? That make you feel like a big strong boy?" Fake posing trying to show off your muscles, he scoffs.

"This was so long ago, Jesus fuckin Christ."

"Yeah and now someone's so famous and full of himself." Crossing your arms you smirk at him, "cocky much?"

"I'm not famous."

"Oh cause half the world knowing your name isn't famous enough? You know if I didn't go to that show we wouldn't have seen each other again."

"Can we continue on with our date now, please?" Growing old of the sarcastic humored bickering, he takes your hand in his.

"I thought you don't do 'dates' cause they are too cliche" intertwining your fingers with his, you smile up at him.

"I will push you in to this lake."

It was always a trait or well, bad habit of picking on the ones you love. You knew your limits and he knew his. But he knew you meant no harm by it all. It's the way you both grew up. From growing up together to being apart for a few years and finding different paths, you knew one day you'd find him again. Rather it be a twin flame thing or soulmate, he was and is the best thing to have happened to you.

Oh, Scrim too.