🎀Chapter one🎀

🎀How my story began🎀
                            (Colette POV)
Hi, my name is Colette and up till now I thought I was normal. Until one day, my jerk dad sent me to a stupid boarding school in Seattle. It was some dumb rich kid high school. The school was enclosed by a large metal fence. The gates must have been like eight feet tall. The building itself was impressive, with a large wing of what I assumed were dorm rooms. There were two large fields along with a climbing course. Nearby archery targets and dummies laid, some mutilated and some with arrows sticking out of them. A small lake surrounded by giant woods sat out by a corner. This school must have serious money, I thought.

As I got out of the car and approached the school gates, I saw some kids playing soccer on one of the fields. As I looked on at the big school I suddenly felt someone or something hit me. I fell to the ground and as my vision cleared I saw a girl with braids and brown skin and eyes looking down at me menacingly. I will admit I was scared. She didn't even say sorry as she ran back out into the game. How rude!? I collected my things up and gave a nasty look in her direction.

I made my way towards the front doors, dragging my bags with me. The school was relatively ordinary looking when you got close. It had large marble steps with potted flowers and old streamers saying, Welcome to School Half-Blood! I arrived like two weeks into the school year, so I probably missed most of the parties. What kind of name is School Half-Blood anyway? It's probably offensive or something. I walked in and stared at a map of the school on the wall. I was right earlier, there was a large wing dedicated to dorms, but each section of dorms was split up into.. cabins? It reminded me of summer camp which was odd.

I walked to where the office should have been. It was a large room, decorated interestingly. There was a stuffed lion head on one side of the room. Lots of grape vines and tiger print decor was lain around the room. "Hi, my name is Colette and I am a new student here." I stared at the man sitting at the front desk. He was small and podgy with big watery eyes, a large red nose and deep black curly hair. He wore a tiger print Hawaiian shirt. He could use some fashion and decoration advice. "Yeah, yeah, write your first and last name here, and don't expect me to be happy you arrived safely or something." The man looked annoyed, was this not the job he chose though? I did what he asked while he sorted through some paperwork. "Are you a teacher here?" I asked, trying to make it less awkward. "Are you a teacher here, sir?" The man gave me another irritated look. This school has mean teachers. "I'm your principal, Mr. D" Mr. D finished sorting and handed her a Hi, my name is... tag along with keys to her dorm room and a schedule paper. "Don't get comfortable, I doubt you'll be there for long. Or do, maybe you'll be there for your entire school life." I took the items, trying to figure out what that meant. The keys had the words Cabin Eleven written on them with a design, this one was a caduceus and a dorm number. What does that mean??

I bumped into a shiny looking older girl, so I asked her where I was supposed to go. She read my schedule and offered to take my stuff to my dorm. She seemed sweet enough so I handed my four bags, keeping my backpack with school supplies on my back. I scribbled my name and cabin eleven onto the tag before sticking it to my shirt. I didn't know what cabins were, but they must've been important. The class I was going to should be.. language arts. The hallway was filled by kids that had been playing outside and hanging around the dorms. I shoved through them and walked down towards the class.

After a while I made it into the classroom to see a bunch of kids, many at lockers grabbing books. I loaded my stuff and grabbed what I'd need for the day. They seemed to all already be in friend groups and I was the odd one out. The classroom was set up into table groups, with four or five to a group. I saw the girl that pushed me sitting practically backwards in her chair talking to another girl. I recognized the second girl she was talking to as Miriam. I knew because I read her name card on her desk. She had long dark brown hair with brown eyes and pale skin. The name tags were strange, because they didn't just have a name, they included a cabin number. Mine said Cabin Eleven. Standing next to Miriam was a girl I didn't recognize. As people shifted, I read the girl who pushed me's name, it was Ngozi, cabin five. A girl I had seen with the tag, Korrine, cabin 15, sat next to Miriam and Ngozi. A taller girl walked over and I heard the Ngozi call her, "Yazzy!"

I heard yelling and looked over to see three boys arguing over a game of uno. Their name tags said, Aaron cabin 3, Sean cabin 1, and Cairo, cabin 13. Cairo.. like the city in Egypt? Also why is Uno so competitive?! Four girls sat together chatting quietly, one of them I had seen in the hallway, a small quieter girl named Taylor, cabin 14. The other three I could only make out as, Alaina cabin 7, Alayah cabin 6 and Mia cabin 12. They seemed nice enough but also seemed like the kind of people who could be really mean when they wanted to. A girl sat alone, her tag read, Winnie. Further away a boy also sat alone, he looked similar to Mia and his card said Malcom. Maybe they are related or something? This was by far the worst part though. Now I had to choose where to sit.

I decided to sit with miriam and her friend group. I know, I know it didn't seem very smart but it was probably just an accident earlier. "Hi, my name is Colette." I tried to look friendly, because I did want people to like me. "Hello, I'm Erin, and this is Ngozi, Korrine, Yasleen, and Miriam." They paused their conversation to look at me. It felt kind of awkward but maybe it wasn't too bad. "If you have a weapon, Mrs. C says to put it in the corner." Miriam points to a large shelf in the corner of the classroom. It reminds me of cubbies in a daycare, each large box labeled with a name. I had my own section, but it was empty. Sean's had something sharp and pointy that resembled a lighting bolt. Aaron had a long sleek teal blue sword that looked very polished. Cairo had a pitch black sword with a leather handle and it had black dust emanating from it. Gross! There were many more weapons that looked cool but I didn't really care and took my seat.