The Doctrine Of Tithes.

TITHES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
The biblical definition of tithe is the requirement for farmers to set aside a tenth of their produce (whether crops or animals) for God. This tithe is then distributed to specific groups of people, including the priest (who must be direct descendants of Aaron), the Levites, widows, orphans, the tithe payer, and foreigners. The concept of tithing was introduced to Moses by God for the children of Israel.

To better understand the doctrine of tithes, let's explore the following sub-topics: tithes and Abraham, the Mosaic Law, the Priesthood, tithes in the New Testament, and the book of Malachi.

Tithes and Abraham
Genesis 14:18-20, Abraham willingly gave a tenth of the spoils he obtained in battle to Melchizedek. There are three key aspects to consider in Abraham's actions:

[a]This act was not a mandatory commandment.
[b]The offering came from the spoils of war, not from his regular income or agricultural produce.
[c]Abraham's gift was given freely, without any obligation.

It is important to note that the commandment God gave to Abraham was circumcision, which is no longer applicable in the New Testament era.
Galatians 2v3 says, "And they supported me and did not even demand that my companion Titus be circumcised, though he was a Gentile. Refer to Galatians 5v2-5. However, our focus is on tithes.

The Mosaic Law
In Exodus 34:10a it says, "The lord replied, Listen, I am making a new covenant with you in the presence of all your people."
Furthermore, in Exodus 23:19, "God told the people of Israel saying, 'As you harvest your crops, bring the very best of the first harvest to the house of the Lord your God."
God made a covenant with the people of Israel and provided instructions for their harvest. These instructions became parts of the laws of Moses, which established Israel's traditions. Similarly, other nations had their own traditions.

The concept of tithing is mentioned in Leviticus 27:30-33. Upon studying these verses, we learn that one-tenth of the crops and animals should be given to the Lord through the Levites and priests.

In Numbers 18:8-32, the portion allocated to the priests and Levites is discussed, along with the process of tithing. Specifically, verses 25-32 explain that the Levite collects the tithes, and one-tenth of these tithes is then given to the priest, who must be a direct descendant of Aaron.
In Deuteronomy 14:22-29, "You must set aside a tithe of your crops-one tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. "
A commandment regarding tithes was issued to the Israelites. However, this time, the person is the one who consumes the tithe, not the priest or the Levites.

According to the Mosaic law, the doctrine of tithes states that they should be collected by the Levites. The Levites, in turn, are required to give one-tenth to the priest, who must strictly be a descendant of Aaron. Thus, those who benefit from the collected tithes are the priests, Levites, foreigners, orphans, widows, and the individuals who pay the tithe.

In addition, God commanded the children of Israel to collect various offerings. These include the first portion of the harvest, the firstborn animals, and one-tenth of the cattle, which is to be given to the priest, a descendant of Aaron.

The Levites, who serve God in Jerusalem, receive one-tenth of grains, wine, olive oil, pomegranates, figs, and other fruits.

A third of the tithe is allocated to widows, orphans, and foreigners living among the Israelites.

As a condition for collecting tithes and being a Levite, Numbers 18:21-24 states that the priests and Levites are not to have any inheritance or property of their own. Their inheritance is from the Lord. This commandment was given to the children of Israel by the Lord and forms the basis of Israel's traditions regarding offerings and service to God.
Deuteronomy 26:12-15, prayers were made after the priest collected tithes to be given to the Levites, widows, orphans, and foreigners. The priest had a specific prayer to recite as instructed by God. As a result, the collection of tithes by the priest involved various ceremonies that are no longer practiced today by tithes followers.