𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

The sunlight filtering into the room marked a stark contrast to the stormy day before, a symbol of new beginnings

The sunlight filtering into the room marked a stark contrast to the stormy day before, a symbol of new beginnings. Yet, as I blinked my eyes open and reached for my daily anchor—my anxiety medication and antidepressants—I was met with an unsettling realization: the bottles were empty. My stomach dropped as it dawned on me that I had left my prescriptions at my ex's house.

Panic began to rise, a familiar foe, as I scrambled to gather my things. Jacket, wallet, and then a frantic search through my bag for the house keys to his place—a tangible link to a chapter of my life I was desperately trying to close. Letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, I steeled myself for what needed to be done. I needed Changbin's help to retrieve my medication before my ex returned from work.

With a sense of urgency propelling me forward, I rushed out of the room and down the stairs, the need to act quickly overshadowing any lingering hesitancy. As I passed the reception, I offered a quick bow, a silent apology for my hastened departure, before dashing off towards the gym where Changbin spent his days training others.

The gym was familiar territory, a place I had come to associate with Hyunjin and, by extension, Changbin. My arrival was abrupt, my entrance likely a blur to those focused on their training routines. I scanned the room for Changbin, the sense of desperation I felt manifesting as an increased heartbeat, each thump echoing the urgency of my situation.

Finding Changbin amid the sound of clashing equipment and focused instructions, I approached him, the rehearsed speech in my mind dissipating under the weight of my anxiety. "Changbin, I need your help," I began, the words spilling out in a rush. "It's important."

Changbin, who had been deeply focused on instructing a group, turned at the sound of my urgent voice. His initial look of concentration softened into one of concern as he took in my state—panting from the rush, anxiety etched across my features.

"What's up? Are you okay?" Changbin asked, stepping closer, his demeanor shifting to one of readiness to assist. The gym's ambient noise faded into the background, his attention fully on me.

I took a moment to catch my breath, the urgency of my situation pressing against the walls I had built to contain my panic. "I... I left my medication at my ex's house. I just realized I'm out, and I really need to get them back before he returns from work," I explained, the words tumbling out in a hurried flow, my gaze flickering with the intensity of my plea.

Changbin's expression turned serious, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Okay, let's not waste any time then. I'll drive you," he said decisively, signaling to someone else to take over the training session. His swift acceptance, devoid of any judgment, was a lifeline thrown in the midst of my turmoil.

As we hurried out of the gym, the weight of my predicament seemed to lighten slightly with Changbin's presence. His willingness to help, to step into the chaotic remnants of my past relationship for the sake of my well-being, spoke volumes of his character and the bonds of friendship that Hyunjin had hinted at.