Chapter One: The first meet(Eliza)

The stars remain unchanged, just as they have on countless other days. However, tonight, the moon appears as a slender crescent, resembling a gentle swing casting its own luminous glow to dispel the shadows within my soul. I could exist on that swing for a lifetime; it exudes a tranquility that surpasses the ceaseless bustle of the city in the midnight hours. The whole city itself is shining like a galaxy of stars. Few can distinguish between day and night in a place that maintains its cheerfulness even when the sun has set.

"It's my 25th birthday, yet nothing feels different except for the realization that I now have one less year to live. Not that I'm complaining. I've been celebrating my birthdays in solitude for as long as I can remember, with a cup of noodles, my favorite sweets, and the company of the moon. Somehow, it's always been enough. As I glanced at the time on my phone, the seconds counted down. Just 15 more. 10 now.

5

4

3

2

1

Happy Birthday.

Is it fulfilling or empty? I'm referring to my heart. The truth is, I don't know anymore. It's been numb for a long time, its sole purpose now to pump blood, keeping me alive and breathing. This has been my birthday routine for the past six years. It's not terrible; at least there are no tears in my eyes, and the most beautiful part is that I've stopped hoping for anything.

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted by an unsaved call number. Unsaved doesn't mean it's unknown; I just haven't saved it because it's one of the things I'd rather forget. I stared at my phone, expecting it to land in missed calls, and it did. Soon after, a message popped up.

'How dare you ignore us? Stop acting like a kid and come home tomorrow; we'll celebrate together.'

Of course, I'm ignoring them and. Acting like a kid? I barely know how to act like one because I never got the chance. They stole my childhood and expect me to be happy about it. I can hardly call it home; it felt more like a prison where I was a doll for display. I've stopped expecting any kindness without an agenda, without hurting me.

How difficult is it for someone to do something selflessly, just to make another person happy, without expecting anything in return? Must everything we do have a reason?"

"Today is off-limits for surrender. I refuse to let them snatch away this day. As I descended to my apartment, a modest space devoid of anything valuable enough to fetch more than 200 dollars, it mattered little. This humble abode was mine alone—a sanctuary where I could be unapologetically me. Here, there were no judgments to fear, no need to ponder the consequences of my actions. I could cry or laugh at will. What counted was the freedom to express myself, not by the numerous masks I wear everytime going out.

Few tragedies surpass the act of concealing one's true self from the world. I once believed that masks were for public consumption, only to realize I had been wearing one even within my own family. I never wanted to but I did because I wanted something I was searching in a wrong place. I wanted their love their recognition and maybe they did loved me but not enough for me to see it. When I attempted to shed that mask, they perceived it as a transformation, and my authentic self became an unintended casualty of their misconceptions. But today I wont allow them to ruin my day and mood. I wore my jacket and took my car keys and looked at my queen staring back at me, giving an inaudible yet strong signal to bring her favourite food too.

"What I consider valuable isn't anything pricey but Ms. Grumpy, my little cat, who's more of a sarcastic diva than me. It's hard to believe, but she's a total drama queen. She's got a nap schedule and insists on her favorite brand of food right on the dot. She doesn't like it when I'm too busy for, yet surprisingly understands when I'm feeling low. She's been there for my midnight Nutella-fueled face and dance parties and witnessed my tears over a TV character's death. The looks she gives me pretty much sum up her opinion: humans are weird.

After a quick kiss and some scratches, I headed out. A bit of liquor felt necessary to celebrate and maybe forget a few things."

It was pouring a little but I loved rain. I wanted to dance in it but I have work tomorrow. I cant afford to get sick.

I parked my car and went inside the 24/7 shop. The lady their smiled at me and I smiled at her back. I was like a regular customer for her for the past 5 yearswell sort off regular customer. She is a nice kind lady and who have only one son whom I sometimes help for his studies. He is very diligent.

I went to the liquor section

Hmmmwhat should I buy?

This one seems nice

I took my favourite red wine. I love its crisp and authentic taste and maybe I should take some chocolate cake

Ohhh I was just going to forget Ms. Grumpys food.

Suddenly a voice came behind me and I turned around to met with some beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen and the chiseled jaw.

Ohhh Hold up Liz, dont act like a teenager

Yes?

I asked removing my eardopes

Umm if you dont mind can I get your id?

You look really beautiful and I hope that maybe we can go out on a coffee.

Wow!! oh my god aint no way he is single. I mean he is too handsome to be young and he look the same age. But I cant handle man, not for the time being especially the scars I have.

Sorry. I already have a boyfriend

Okay I lied but girls this is the best way to reject a girl without indulging any further conversations

Ohh okay. I understand.

That man turned around and left the shop without glancing back and I went back to listening Taylor.