Chapter One: The Phantomhive Manor Burns

The demon stepped out of the shade, "Then I can safely assume you wish for me to take the form that suits to serve the Watchdog of the UnderWorld." He placed his hand on his chest.

The boy shot his head up, meeting eyes with the ruby-colored demon, his sapphire eye darted around. Knowing this demon is his only escape from what he's gotten himself into.

The taller figure laughed, "You're pathetic." he reached out his gloved hand. Just a moment ago it was a clawed hand.

Astré gulped down his fears, taking the demon's hand. I have to be strong... for Ciel, for Papa... for Mama... Mama. he thought. This man will help me avenge Mama.

As a mama's boy, Astré found he got along with his mother, despite her relationship with his Aunt Angelina.

"So, who are you?" the raven-head inquired, grabbing a hold of the 'bird in its cage.' as the demon nicknamed him.

Astré stammered, looking down at his ill, weakened body. With his thread-like legs, he looked as if one strong gust of wind blew on him, he'd topple over.

The demon reached his arms out, the arms covered in a black coat, his hands covered in snow-white gloves. This man's arms reminded Astré of his father. His father was tall and muscular. He always allowed Astré's mother to lean up against him.

"Ciel," Astré murmured, his pale hands becoming the center of his sapphire blue eyes. "My name's Ciel Phantomhive," he said with pride, knowing fully well that he had taken his elder twin brother's name.

"Ciel, ey?" his ruby eyes locked onto Astré. "Then, I'm at your service, young master." the demon let a smile slip. Alongside the normal-looking teeth, there were a few pointed teeth. "You're allowing me to go without a name?"

'Ciel' shivered, "Get me out of here. Now."

"Guess we'll need to teach you how to order me around..." the demon grinned... yet listened. Ciel didn't like how the demon took him into his arms—holding him how his mother used to.

The demon snapped its fingers, the tip of his finger being lit with a strong flame. "Do you wish for me to burn it down?"

"I want out. I don't care how you do it." Ciel readjusted himself, being able to glance over the raven-headed butler's shoulder.

He reached out to the child on the table—a child who looked identical to the boy in the butler's arms.

The butler paid no mind and blew out the flame as he walked out of the orphanage.

The wind blew, the first time Ciel had seen the sun —- well more like the moon.

He shivered. After months of being in a cage, the bird was free...

"You're now able to take flight, young master." The butler teased, still awaiting his name.

Ciel watched, his body bobbing up and down as the butler walked. The boy thought, his parents coming to mind.

"Sebastian." He spoke. "You are going to answer to Sebastian now."

"Why of course, young master," Sebastian spoke, smiling again. "Where'd you get that name from? Perhaps an old butler? Someone who you loved?"

"It's my dead dog's name," Ciel spoke.

The demon got caught off guard. "EEH?! A dog?! You name me after a DOG?!?" He hissed.

"You wanted a name didn't you?" Ciel rested against the demon. Despite his deep disdain for the demon, he relaxed. He felt at home. Despite not wanting to feel at home.

"I did." Sebastian sighed, taking the name unwillingly.

"Good." Ciel smiled, wrapping his frail arms around the butler.