3. Are You Falling For Me?

Khao's pov:

I decided to go back to the bar to find out more about the mysterious guy and also, First. I arrived at the bar and walked inside. The bartender who had been waiting for me, looked at me and asked,
"Where did you go?"

"Nothing. My friend needed something." I replied uninterestedly and sat beside the counter, placing my hand above it.

"Yeah? Are you done with it?" The bartender placed his hand above mine, rubbing it with his finger.

Does this man not get the hint? I'm not interested! I gave him a disgusted look.
"I am Jerry. Wanna go out?" He asked.

"No!'' I slowly whispered.

"Why? Am I not handsome enough?" He slowly slid his hand from my hand to my shoulder.

"I am a detective. I don't have time for your bullshit." I replied boldly and removed his hand from my body. His cold hand started sweating.

"Damn! Chill! I was just asking!'' He said and put his hand on my face. This time, I got furious. Just when I was about to shout out loud, I felt someone's presence behind me.

"What the hell are you doing? He said no! You have no right to touch him!" First slipped along me, placing his hand on the counter and leaning his tall body against it.

"Touch him again and you're fired." First said and gave the bartender a fake smile.
I turned around and saw First's beautiful face right across my face. I opened my mouth to say something but the instant connection between us made my mouth shut. For a few minutes, all I did was stare at him. How the hell can someone be this beautiful and charming?

I was totally lost in his beauty when he called my name and passed his hand across my face. "Khao? What happened?" I snapped out quickly and replied, "Nothing. I was just... off-minded."

"Falling for me already?" He asked and smirked. It had been just a month since I met this man and he already had me head over heels for him. I never knew this was possible.
"Probably!" I said with my voice pitched high on purpose to convince him that I was lying and mess with him.

He looked around and saw everyone dancing to the beat of the DJ. "It's getting boring!" He exclaimed.
"Is it?" I asked, trying to mess with him again.

"Actually... you're boring! All you do is work!" He claimed. I mean he was right. This case was one of the most interesting cases I'd ever solved cause there were no clues left on the places at all and I was totally hooked by it. As a detective, of course, these type of mysteries intrigued me a lot.

"I'm boring? I thought I was the most interesting person ever. I heard you don't date boring people." I replied, cheekily. Of course, I already had all the information about him. I'm a detective. I don't talk to people without having their backgrounds checked first.
"Hmm..." I could see in his face that it was not the answer he wanted. He totally ignored my talks.

"Come on! You don't have to work 24/7! Let's go dance." He requested and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the middle of the bar.
"I have work to do! I don't have time, First." I complained.

"It's okay! 5 minutes of fun won't kill you. You need some time for yourself or you'll get sick." He said and started wiggling my hair.

"We've met like a month ago and you care that much about me already?" He didn't pay attention to what I said as he was busy playing with my hair.
"You have such soft hair." He exclaimed with fascination.

"You're quite an extrovert and straightforward person, aren't you?" I asked and smiled, grabbing his hand which was still in my hair and started dancing along with the beat. It was quite fun and relaxing. It was pretty late so there weren't much people left in the bar. It's been a while since I'd danced like that so I enjoyed it quite a lot.

The bar was almost empty when the DJ also asked First if he could go home now. There were only 3 people left in the bar, Me, First and a drunk bartender. How funny! The bartender himself couldn't handle alcohol!

First shook his head at the bartender in disappointment and offered to call him a cab. But he was too drunk to even answer so he just did it. The cab came and picked the man up, leaving me alone with First.

First and I both sat on the stools beside the counter and he asked, "Aren't you going home?" Was he trying to shoo me away? That was the first thought that came into my mind. I mean, of course not. I know he didn't mean it like that but it just stroke a strand of sadness inside me.

"I... don't go home." I said with my head down. I knew he had no idea about my past but there's just something about him that made me want to tell him about it.

"Why?" First asked, squinting his eyebrows.

"I am an orphan. I don't really have a family or home." I tried my best to gain the strength to look at him but my body was fidgeting so I completely failed.

"Hey, I am really sorry to hear that." His hand patted my back a few times.

"It's okay. I mean, I do have a Stepmom but she doesn't care enough for me to actually check if I've gone home. So I just stopped going there anymore." I could see that First didn't know what to say after that.

After a minute of silence, he spoke up, "Why don't you consider buying a house?" He asked.

"I would've if I had the money. Although I am doing my dream job, it doesn't grant me enough money to buy a house! Even the office I stay in is rented."

"Respect, man! How are you doing your job properly after all that?" He exclaimed.

I giggled at his friendliness all of a sudden, "You gotta do what you gotta do! I guess, bye now! Hopefully, see you tomorrow." I started walking out of the bar. But then turned around thinking something when I reached the door and blew First a flying kiss with my fingers as a sign of flirting. And he pretended to catch it. Cheesy, aren't we?

I went back home smiling yet disappointed at myself for not being able to find any clues about the culprit.

To Be Continued.....