The Past???

Arya:

The next morning, as I hurriedly got Eira ready for school, the cook knocked on our door. Her question reminded me my new role in this house from today.

"Madam, what are the dishes we need to prepare for breakfast?" she asked, his eyes wide with anticipation. The weight of these responsibilities pressed down on me-Ishaan's wife, the lady of the house. But just as I felt overwhelmed, a reassuring hand landed on my shoulder.

"What's happening, sweetheart? Don't worry about anything; manage it all in your own style," Ishaan's voice soothed my nerves.

I decided to keep breakfast simple, ordering only two dishes. Wasting food bothered me, and besides, Eira had just returned from her week-long trip. I wanted to personally prepare something for her. The maids served the breakfast, and as usual, Ishaan ate without complaint.

But then came the unexpected critique. Ishaan's aunt, a formidable presence, spoke up. "Did you prepare only two breakfasts today? You know I despise both idli and noodles."

"It was my decision to keep it minimal," I explained, trying to appease her. "I wasn't aware of your preferences."

"You can ask them to prepare what you like," I suggested.

Ishaan chimed in, his frustration evident. "So we're back to wasting food again, aren't we?"

His words stung. "There are people starving every day, and here we are, throwing away food," he sighed, letting out his dislike and concern over throwing the food away.

Determined, I faced Ishaan. "Don't worry, Ishaan. I won't let food go to waste in our home."

I rushed to the kitchen, determined to make amends. "Aunty, give me five minutes. I'll prepare something special for you," I promised. In record time, I concocted a new dish and served it to her. She took the first bite, her expression inscrutable. I hoped she wouldn't create a scene.

"It's delicious, Arya," she declared, surprising me.

Ishaan gestured for me to serve him too, and I did. As I glanced at him, I realized that sometimes, even in the chaos of responsibilities, the reassurance of husband and his support could help us to calm anyone.

Ishaan's eyes widened as he scanned the table. "It's awesome, but where's the idli?" he asked, his curiosity piqued as I told him that I won't be wasting that idli.

I grinned, holding up the plate. "Ishaan, I made this dish with that idli. This is my special chilli idli," I said, watching everyone's surprised expressions.

Ishaan nodded.

"Using oil too much isn't ideal, but I think sometimes that's okay," I said.

"Arya, you're a genius for turning leftovers into something delicious," Ishaan said, savoring the flavors.

As the morning sun streamed through the window, I prepared to head to the office. Today was a big day as a celebrity ad shoot awaited me.

"Arya," Ishaan's voice interrupted my thoughts. He held out a small box, and my heart skipped a beat. Nuptial chains and toe rings lay inside-symbols of commitment and love. I was taken aback; Ishaan and I had married through a simple registry process, and these traditional adornments were unexpected.

I turned back, allowing him to place the nuptial chain around my neck. Then he knelt before me, gently sliding the toe rings onto my feet by keeping my feet on his thigh. This man leaves all his ego outside the room and his love overshadows his dominating demeanor. The cool metal touched my skin, and I felt a rush of emotion. I loved these little trinkets-their weight, their significance.