Don't Ever Say That Again (Gruvia One Shot)

"Gray~Sama!" Juvia Lockser bursted through the doors of the Fairy Tail guild suddenly, sending icy chills down Gray Fullbuster's back as his eyes widened. Getting chills was unusual for Gray, but they were starting to happen to him frequently and only when Juvia was around. It was the same effect Erza had on him, except, he didn't know what he was fearing.

Maybe it was the fact that he had left her for 6 months after half a year of living together without an explanation and the strange fact she just let him off so easily. But that's just the kind of person Juvia was.

He regretted not telling Juvia why he left. He still held a tiny grudge against Erza for not letting him tell her. Why couldn't they trust Juvia? He didn't even want to imagine how hurt she must have been. But alas, he already had imagined it and was terrified whenever he saw her. This all would have never happened if he had just been allowed to tell Juvia where he was disappearing off to.

Juvia skipped towards the dark haired ice mage and smiled widely. "Gray~Sama!!! Juvia wants to go on a job today! Juvia wants to test out that move we never got to fully complete in training when you, uh, left." She said looking down and playing with her fingers nervously, hoping he wouldn't reject such a sudden request. Juvia had something very important to say to him today. She was sure that it would make him very happy, especially with the way he had been acting with her recently. It made Juvia realize something. And that something was what she was going to explain to him after they complete the mission, if he agreed to it.

"Uh, sure, I guess?" Gray replied curiously and got up to move towards the request board.

"Oh no need, Juvia already picked one out, you see?" She said and pulled a folded up piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to him. Gray took it and unfolded it and sighed heavily once he saw what the request was. "Juvia was thinking, since it does use fire, we could extinguish it right?" She grinned with a tinge of red covering her cheeks, naming the move they had come up with, extinguisher.

"Yeah, I guess this should be fine. I don't think it'll be that much of a challenge at all though. And the pay isn't much either." He said and handed the paper back to her. Juvia shrugged.

"Well it is just to test it out, right? And if Juvia and Gray~Sama's extinguisher doesn't work out then it isn't that tough of a monster to beat and we can successfully take it down and help out the animals from the surrounding forest!" Gray nodded at her reasoning and hid a smile.

"Alright, let's go then. Are you ready?" He asked and rolled his shoulders back a few times.

Juvia nodded in anticipation. "Yes."

Erza Scarlet sat at the bar counter with Cana Alberona. The lovely light haired server, Mirajane Strauss, placed yet another beer down in front of the card mage and smiled brightly at the two.

"My little Juvia is growing up!" Erza sniffled and wiped away a tear as she watched Gray and Juvia walk out the guild.

"Ehh? Are they finally together? Fufu~" Cana snickered and chugged down her glass of beer, the blush clear on her cheeks.

"If only that were the case Cana." Mira frowned slightly and picked up the empty beer glass, already making her way to get another one.

"What do you mean?" Cana asked and banged her fist against the counter.

"Juvia has decided that she will no longer wait. She's going to let him go." Erza's eyes watered and she had to turn away from Cana.

"It really is a shame that Gray didn't come around in the end, I thought for sure they would be a couple. Juvia is such a nice girl, how many more years does she deserve to wait for Gray to finally say something? Zero." Mira stated, placing another glass in front of Cana.