1.Cafe Shenanigans ~1

There's a girl running towards Starbucks.

All she wanted,no needed to do is to have her favorite cappuccino in this rainy weather.She was soaked from head to toe.

Nope,she wasn't someone who hated the rain.It was vice versa.But today she didn't have time to acknowledge and admire the petrichor.She couldn't just get soaked carefree and dance at her own while listening to splashes of rain and chirping of birds.

While having this thought in her mind she entered her comfort space.She always preferred this cafe whenever life became too chaotic and she desired to find calm in between the chaos.

Not that her life is full of chaos.She in fact is a first year student in residency program of George Brown Hospital.

Her POV:
I entered and saw that place was crowded.Well it becomes crowded on weekends but it can't be weekend,right?Then I saw my watch displaying that it is Saturday.Huh,how the week passed by?

Then I registered that my coat was wet and Mia was standing there looking at it.I shaked my mind internally and gave her coat.

"You're looking like someone who is in desperate need of sleep." Mia said with hint of concern.

As i am a regular customer, almost everyone from the staff knows me well.Sometimes I even spend few hours here while doing my work.

"Naah,I am in desperate need of my special cappuccino. I won't complain if somehow I get a mug as big as pot!"

Mia smiled,gave me a nod, turned and said"someone has taken your booth and has been sitting there for 2 hours straight while asking for black coffee back to back."

I sighed internally not because someone has occupied my space. It's because how the hell people can drink black coffee.There are thousand of beverages to drink.

Whatever.Not everyone needs milk and cream in their coffee.

"Without sugar?" I asked

She nodded in approval.Then she laughed while looking at my face because I must have made some weird impression after getting this information.

I went near my booth and stood there.I was facing the back of a men who was in my comfort space unknowingly. I cleared my throat ,he still didn't look up.He was engorged in his work which he was doing on MacBook.

Then I saw the suit jacket placed folded very elegantly near his lap.He is a well built man for sure as his muscles are straining against his shirt whenever he types something on a laptop.

"Hello,Every other table is occupied.Can I take a sit here?" I asked in my sincerest tone.
(The most sincere one could voice after deprivation of sleep for 40 hours)

He didn't look up and signed towards the opposite side of table with his hand.His forearm was visible as he has rolled up the sleeves of his shirt till elbow. Now I am getting annoyed by his attitude.He is the one sitting on my BOOTH.Not the other way around.I asked politely yet he's not even sparing a glance towards the honor of the voice.

But I didn't have energy to teach him manners.NOT TODAY.
I just need my cappuccino,maybe something to eat alongside then I will leave and get slumped on my bed.I am not gonna wake up until Monday.

Mia arrived with my cappuccino and grilled cheese.Did I mention Mia is an angel.She always knows what I want without being asked.

I take the first sip of my cappuccino and the rich taste explodes on my tounge.I sigh internally and take another sip of my favourite drink.

"You're an angel,Mia.Has anyone recently told you that?"I said while smiling.

She laughed at my comment and smacked my shoulder playfully and said"Yes,you remind me every once in a while.Hurry up!Finish your coffee and complete this.Then go and take enough rest.Have you seen yourself in the mirror, lately?"

"Yes! Pretty as ever,right?"I said with hint of a tease.
(I know that after starting residency I haven't been getting enough sleep or food and I must look like zombie roaming around streets of London)

After all this conversation Mr.I DON'T CARE looks above his laptop towards me then at Mia and says
"Can I have one more cup of black coffee?And I am sorry I didn't tell you this before but it's the best coffee I had in quite some time."

There something happened.He looked like he really appreciated Mia's coffee.His thick British accent did some unraveling inside me. Then he smiled showcasing his dimple.He had dark hair and a sharp jawline.His eyes were grey in colour but they seemed empty. I tried to find any kind of emotion in them but nada.

Mia smiled and left to complete her order.

"I was busy managing an emergency that's why couldn't greet you properly. I am Nash"He said while looking directly into my eyes.

While he was looking at me,I saw a crack in his calm demeanor.His eyes which were empty,seemed to get darker somehow. But he schooled his expression very quickly. All of this happened in few seconds. I would've missed it if I even blinked at that time. Or it can be my lack of sleep which is making me imagine crazy things.

I decided to go with second scenario and replied,
"Hii,I am Ava".

My voice came out steady but I wasn't feeling that steadiness anywhere in my body.I am ambivert girl,but the man sitting on the opposite end of table is Gorgeous!And the way he is looking at me,made my heart skip a beat.I had to scold myself internally to stay calm!

And now it seems like we're gonna have a chat because he is putting his MacBook,files and a diary aside.

"Why does it feel like I know you somehow, Ava?"He said with a sly smile.

As I am trying to contemplate whether to have a chat with this gorgeous men or fulfill my lack of sleep.

. . . . .   .................................... . . . . . . . . ............... . . . . . . . . ..............

Hello, dearest.
Thank you so much that you gave a shot at this story.

Tell me how you liked the Ava's POV?

Next part will have Nash's POV. And I am telling you it's not something you would've expected.

If you liked the story then please suggest it to your friends.

And let's be friends! Let me know that you have read the story by commenting and voting.

XoXo.
Thank you!