4: The beginning of closeness

Jiya's pov

I opened the 7th packet of my favourite potato chips, which I had stolen from the kitchen without letting my mom know. I was lying on the couch with my macbook on my stomach, my eyes were stucked on the screen as I was watching a kdrama.

If none of you knows let me tell you, I'm a sucker for kdramas and romcom novels.

I filled my mouth full of chips as I watched the drama as if my life depended on it.

"Bro just kiss already!" I exclaimed seeing the couple moving closer to eachother, butterflies jumped in my stomach as they were about to kiss.

Even the couple in kdramas holding hands is enough for me to throw my arms and legs in air in excitement.

As they were just going to kiss I smiled like an idiot and just at the perfect timing, my phone rang out of the sudden. I flinched and almost fell off the couch. "WHO THE HELL IS CALLING ME?" I screamed frustratingly.

Picking up my phone from the table I saw the name on the screen just to get more frustrated.
"Ye gadha kyu call kar raha hai ab mujhe?" (Why is this donkey calling me now?)

Rolling my eyes, I picked up the call unwillingly knowing damn well if I hadn't he would have kept calling me continuously.

"What now Sam?" I spoke with totally unpleasant mood.

"Hey Jiya, are you free today?" He asked me in a cheerful voice, I rolled my eyes and forced a smile while gritting my teeth.

"No I'm really busy today, okay? don't call agai--" I got interrupted as he spoke in between.

"Oh Jiya..for how long you'll avoid me? Give me a chance atleast, I really wanna take you out on a date." He said which boiled my blood, I hear this nonsense from him everyday in college.

"Bhai tujhe ek baar mein baat samajh nahi aati kya?" (Bro, Don't you understand things at once?)

"I'm not your brother, you keep calling me that knowing very well that I like you." He sounded offended but I gave zero shit.

"Is there anything else you wanna say? I'm hanging up." I asked him he instantly replied.

"Uff so hard to get, just give me a chance main acha ladka hu yaar.." (I'm a nice guy) I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Aur main buri ladki hu, bye!" (And I'm a bad girl) I hung up the call before he could utter any other nonsense.

"God he ruined my whole good mood!!" I mumbled to myself being totally annoyed of his interference during my kdrama.

Sam was in the same college as me, he's been after me since a year, no matter how many times I've rejected him, he doesn't give up. Such a headache.

As I shut my macbook down and kept it aside on the table, I heard mom coming in the living room talking on call with probably Anushka di. They were leaving for their honeymoon tomorrow morning.

"Fine I'll ask her if she wanna go." Mom said before she hung up the call and moved her attention towards me.

"What were you talking about, mom?" I asked her, she took a seat beside me as she said "Anushka and Namjoon are going for shopping for their necessary things."

"Oh that's cool." I replied.

"Yeah and Mrs Kim wants you to accompany Taehyung to the orphanage which is funded by their company, since Anushka and Namjoon can't make it." Mom said further, I furrowed my eyebrows, why do I have to go with him?