Chapter 1: Lost in the Past

I,Princess Zelda of Hyrule, have committed to write a record of events that future generations will be able to look back on so those seeking help that I can bring comfort from beyond my time in this world.

It had been 3 years since The Demon King, Ganondorf, had been defeated by the Hero of Time. Hyrule was still in full swing of reconstruction with the Castle finished with the help of the Sages & the Great Fairies. The town was being rebuilt by the Master Craftsman & his employees. Lon Lon Ranch, under the new joint venture of Talon &Ingo, were able to bring in workers to help support the growing demand of supplies & population growth as the town was getting bigger then it had over 10 years ago. As you know from other records,the Temple of Time was the only standing structure left unharmed by the Evil King with the Door of Time closed & the Master Sword sleeping in the pedestal.

As forme, I've been struggling to get myself posed to start ruling over this great country that was saved by Link, the Hero of Time. I wished for him to regain his lost time and sent him back with the Master Sword put back into the Pedestal of Time. Though the memories of him plagued me for some time; I really did miss him and many restless nights kept me reliving that fateful battle with him & the Demon King. I wasn't sure why everyone was able to move on from that fateful night, but alas I could not.

On that day, Link said as he handed over the Ocarina of Time to me "I want to stay and help rebuild Hyrule. I want to keep helping &protecting this world." He did have a kind heart & expressed the Spirit of the Hero, but despite that, I made the choice as If I was the one that give him so much trouble & burden at the start.So as you know from the other records, I sent him back to regain his lost time. I thought this would end my burden to make up for what Idid 7 years ago. He left from my physical eyes, but my mental eyes would never remove the sight of him.

Impa had returned after she and her scouts out seeking out what was left of Ganondorf's followers, as they still put him as the supreme deity and tried to attack the town from time to time. She told me of their report that they haven't been spotted at the usual locations, which did put my heart somewhat at ease, but it didn't last long. As usual,Impa had a way of seeing people in discomfort even before their body showed it.

She looked at my face and asked me what was wrong.

"You look lost in thought, Princess. What is the matter?" She asked with feeling. "My fellow scouts as well as some of the townsfolk have been asking in the shadows about you and they feel concerned about your wellbeing. This has caused my scouts to keep a lookout near the castle. We suspect some of the townspeople might to try to overthrow you in your state of weakness."

I answered back "Was it my choice to return his lost time? Was it the right thing to do? Could Link really stay here with me or would he be happier in the past? I feel that I did the wrong thing. Each day &night I'm time locked in that fateful battle of Link & the Demon King. Its like someone or something doesn't want me to move on and relive this nightmare for the rest of my days."

Impa replied "I know it wasn't easy for you to be Sheik for 7 years. It sounds like inner self hasn't accepted the actions your awakened self did during that time. The Shadows & Nightmares of past events never truly go away, they are a part of you as you are a part of them. As a member of the Skeikah, I deal with Nightmares every day &no matter how much we push them away, they will be a part of our lives."

Impa then took me to a balcony on the higher part of the castle that overlooked the town and the fields. "Maybe that this new castle is built on the ruins of where that battle took place, maybe your mind is thinking Hyrule Castle is also Ganon's Tower? Maybe you go somewhere for a change to ease your mind?"

I responded back "Where would I go? Its not like I can go somewhere while Hyrule is still being rebuilt? Where would I go?"

As usual, Impa always quick to answer "My scouts stumbled on this location" She slipped a poster sized paper to me. "The place is called Dreamside. They say 'we can make your dreams come true and ease one's mind. It sounds like a place to relax your mind. we can make arrangements to take you there and we can handle the reconstruction while you take some R&R."