How this story happened

On a rainy afternoon, the school was inside for recess. Then, the principal came in to say "Mr. Turner, our lovely teacher who we've had for a while, us as a school system have decided to award you with a class fish."

This makes the class riled up with excitement. They've never had a class pet, and a fish seems nice!!

Three days later, that fish arrives. Immediately seeing that fish's beautiful, sparkling, dashing eyes, Mr. Turner is shocked. How could a fish be so beautiful?! He must stop looking at the fish before it gets to him.

The rest of the school day goes on, Mr. Turner still occasionally distracted by the fish. He walks up to it when all the students leave and taps on the glass tank.

"What are you and why am I so attracted by you?" is the words that spill out of his mouth. Although, the fish just looks at him. He's so stupid, fish can't speak.

Then, the built up anger from being distracted gets to him. He rips the fish out of the tank and kisses it. But then..

A miracle happens. The fish has grown into a human?! This is surely his dream. He kisses it again to make sure it's real. He's never been more excited.

They were normal for the rest of their lives. They got married and pretended the fish was always human, and Mr. Turner kept his job.

This truly was his best life. He doesn't regret that day.