ten.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

111 A.C

RYLAN STRONG HAD NEVER TRULY APPRECIATED THE GROUND BENEATH HIS FEET. Up until he'd scrambled his way from atop the princess' great bronze beast he hadn't given the ground a second thought, not its stability, not the safety having it underfoot provided. Never again would the youngest Strong son take the grass beneath his feet for granted.

Watching her fearless protector, the very same man who had not shrunken away from her beloved dragon when he'd first been sworn into her service, shrink away from Syrrith was amusing, to say the least. Witnessing Ser Rylan all but kiss the grass offered up a small albeit welcome distraction from the unease that had clawed away at her heart as they'd flown.

Slipping out of the saddle and down Syrrith's side to stand beside the dragon, she offered up the smallest of smiles as Ser Ryan sat himself down unceremoniously amongst the grass. "Come now, it wasn't that bad surely?"

"With all due respect, Baela," The man huffed, addressing the woman in a casual manner now that they were away from the prying eyes of the court. "I'm fucking walking back to King's Landing."

Chuckling at his words, Baela turned her attention back to Syrrith momentarily as she ran her fingers across his scales tenderly. "Sagon sȳz naejot lī hen Vāle, ñuha tresy. Jikagon sōvegon."

Stepping back from the bronze dragon, Baela made no attempts to mask her grin as she watched her beloved mount take off. Moving to Rylan's side she extended a hand down to him, intent on beginning the next leg of their journey. "Come, we've got a long walk to Runestone."

A disheartened groan echoed across the grassy plane.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊

THE HALLS OF RUNESTONE WERE A WELCOME CHANGE TO THOSE OF THE RED KEEP, PERHAPS IT WAS THE LACK OF COURTIERS HIDING BEHIND THEIR FALSE SMILES OR PERHAPS IT WAS SIMPLY THE MILES OF LAND SEPARATING THE PRINCESS FROM OTTO HIGHTOWER THAT MADE THE DARKENED HALLWAYS FEEL SO INVITING. Regardless of the reasoning for it, Runestone was a much-needed breath of fresh air and Baela relished in it. She would have to visit more often she decided, if the lady of the house would have her, that is.

An hour into her and Ser Rylan's trek, a scout had found them with horses in tow and a heartfelt welcome to the slightly dishevelled pair. Upon making it to the gates of Runestone, both the princess and her sworn sword had been greeted by Gerold Royce, Lady Rhea's cousin, and offered a chance to refresh themselves after their journey on dragonback. A joke pertaining to smelling all too much alike the magnificent creature they'd arrived on slipped between the three with easy laughs.

Baela had not seen hide nor hair of her companion after they'd gone their separate ways, she assumed he was taking full advantage of the hot bath, no doubt lazing away in the warmth of the water. She herself had decided against taking her time, she'd dismissed the ladies sent to assist her with a kind smile and made quick work of bathing and dressing herself. Baela was far too eager to see her good sister once again after so long, and so through the halls, she stalked in search of Rhea Royce.